Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions wanted - Audi TT 180 BHP Quattro

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

To Kerbdog (I made it to their final gig - did you :D), i suggest taking the views onboard, of people who have actually driven & owned a TT, and not the arm-chair TT drivers. My partner has a TT, and I have an M3. The TT is a great fun drive, plenty of power also and handles like it is on rails (handling around a roundabout would put my M3 to shame). Wndow regulator was the only problem with the car, which seems to exist on all 99+ VAG cars at some stage in their lives.

Goto the UK to pick one up, the level of extras you get on the UK versions far outweights the blaupunkt* radio - cloth** interior'd Irish versions.

*UK models get different versions of the BOSE concert radio
    **Alcantara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

If you really want one, wait a few months until after the launch of the new shape, prices should come down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

kerbdog wrote:
    Yes I work in IT, but whats this about being an IT nerd? IT=TT? heh

Anywho, thanks for the input lads. Food for thought, will tell yea how I get on.

http://www.geeksquad.com/about/

Geekmobile here !!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

dingding wrote:
    http://www.geeksquad.com/about/

Geekmobile here !!!!!!! :)

Thats a VW Beetle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If you want to be an IT GEEK get a TT and Not a VW:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

jayok wrote:
    You're talking to a brick wall here \m/_(>_<)_\m/. Big Balls is a GTI driver and no matter what the facts are the GTI (in Big Balls view) is simply the best car in the world and nothing else comes close. Had him on a Civic Type-R thread and claimed the GTI was quicker (it's not) and when challenged on it it was stated "but by only 0.3s". QUOTE]

I certainly don't think it's the best car in the world.

And if one car is a fraction of a second quicker (purely because of being lighter not having more power) to 60 but is SLOWER in in gear times and top speed, then how can you claim the Civic is quicker. You can't. End of. Muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

I wouldn’t be too keen on the mk iv 4 motion having driven one in Germany I wouldn’t rate it above the TT in terms of handling and performance. The road tax on 3.2 in this country also wouldn’t warrant such a car.

That said I have only driven the 225 TT coupe and 180 Roadster both I would rate higher than the 4 motion.

The hairdresser issue is down to your own taste personally if I were going down that route Id get an older 2.5 boxster much better car all round and you can be sure it would hold its value better than the Audi.

Have you considered the S3 perhaps? These have dropped a lot in the past yr price wise and they are a good all round car. Perhaps a bit more conservative than the TT but just as fun to drive.

Other options for that money would be the 320/325Ci Ok they are everywhere but still a good car and prices are dropping by the day with the new Ci due out soon.

Advertisement