Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pervy Hamster

Options
  • 08-06-2006 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey,

About two weeks ago I bought two very cute hamsters (sisters...cagney and lacey) When I was rubbing lacey the other night she went all stiff and her eyes looked like they were glazing over. I noticed now every time I rub near her stub for a tail she becomes total relaxed and will lie on her belly for ages while I rub this area or eve stroke her back with my index and middle finger. Is this weird? My sister seems to think shes "getting off on it" and if she is I wonder what that makes me!!!
    If anyone has any views or experience with such a weird delicate matter please spill.

Thanks Tiffany

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

Are you sure you didnt get Dempsey and Makepeace instead of cagney and lacey ?

Hey,

About two weeks ago I bought two very cute hamsters (sisters...cagney and lacey) When I was rubbing lacey the other night she went all stiff and her eyes looked like they were glazing over. I noticed now every time I rub near her stub for a tail she becomes total relaxed and will lie on her belly for ages while I rub this area or eve stroke her back with my index and middle finger. Is this weird? My sister seems to think shes "getting off on it" and if she is I wonder what that makes me!!!
    If anyone has any views or experience with such a weird delicate matter please spill.

Thanks Tiffany

Were you stoned when you had the conversation with your sister?Jdging by your alias and post.You prob were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spliffany692000

Were you stoned when you had the conversation with your sister?Jdging by your alias and post.You prob were.

I swear to God I wasn stoned...I dont even smoke that stuff nor does my sister!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

i hate to tell u but ur sister was right she is ready to mate and when u rub her on the lower back it stimulates her so to speak and she gets ready to be penatrated by the male. what u are doing is the standard way to test if the female is ready to mate in heat if you will

tonym wrote:
    i hate to tell u but ur sister was right she is ready to mate and when u rub her on the lower back it stimulates her so to speak and she gets ready to be penatrated by the male. what u are doing is the standard way to test if the female is ready to mate in heat if you will

Thanks...oh my god Im never going near her again...shes looking at me now as if to say give me some lovin!!! Oh god...why do I always get landed with the weird pets?? Had a kitten once who jumped out my bedroom window...this this day I dont know why he done it!! Hes ok...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

rofl, I can't believe you, molesting a hamster, that's just out of line!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hamsters go into season every 4 days so you can tell when a female is ready by touching her back near the tail she will stand still with her tail in the air if shes ready to mate.

What type of hamsters did you get & do you house them together? Syrians will kill each other if housed together.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Slightly o/t ...

What is weird or perverted about an animal coming into season?
    That is only as nature intended.
    Nothing weird or perverted about natural, instinctive behaviour either ...this is just how animals "work".

The only thing very weird and definetely perverted are the sexual innuendo and human interpretations read into perfectly natural animal behaviour by people with morality/sexuality hang-ups.

*Respect* your animals, people, and accept them for what they are ...don't measure them by weird and unnatural "human" yardsticks.

(Ooops ...I'm preaching again ...must be the heat ...errr... as in the weather ...outside .....like ...:D :D:D )

Bond-007 wrote:
    Hamsters go into season every 4 days so you can tell when a female is ready by touching her back near the tail she will stand still with her tail in the air if shes ready to mate.

What type of hamsters did you get & do you house them together? Syrians will kill each other if housed together.

Yes thats the type they are...they fight sometimes but nothing serious yes...and they both give as good as they get!! But they are seperated if they really lay into eachother!! Thanks for the advise.

Hun you really should not let them near each other & they MUST have seperate housing they kill quickly!

In the wild they only come together to breed - any other hamster in anothers teritory will be attacked.

Please be careful with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

As bond says, you *cannot* house two syrian hamsters (the most common form sold here in petshops), together.

Unless you seperate them asap, specially now they are sexually mature, you ARE going to wake up to a dead one.

b

I hate the idea of separting them but I supose its cruel to be kind in a way. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭genegenie

I hate the idea of separting them but I supose its cruel to be kind in a way. Thanks

Believe it or not, you're being kind to them, not cruel. Syrians are solitary animals by nature. They develop these solitary tendancies at around 6-10 weeks old and after this age living with another hamster is actually quite stressful for them. They might tolerate each other for a while, but in 99% of cases eventually a fight to the death will occur. So don't worry, you've actually done them both a favour! :D

For future reference, if you're looking for hamsters who will live together, go for Campbell/Winter White/Roborovski Dwarf hamsters. They do very well in same sex groups :D

As bond says, you *cannot* house two syrian hamsters (the most common form sold here in petshops), together.

Unless you seperate them asap, specially now they are sexually mature, you ARE going to wake up to a dead one.

b

This'll be the scene the OP encounters regularly! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have to agree syrians are solitary they cannot live together you must seperate them before they kill each other! It's natural for syrians to live alone.

You will be doing the right thing in seperating them. Give them both as big a cage as you can afford. Did the pet shop not tell you that they are a solitary species?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

i would hope that the pet shop did tell u that these hams cannot be kept together under any circumstances if they did not then go get ur money back and keep ur hams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

DaveMcG wrote:
    This'll be the scene the OP encounters regularly! :eek:

Dave keep your spammy rubbish for after hours, no one is laughing except maybe you.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Dave keep your spammy rubbish for after hours, no one is laughing except maybe you.
    *yawn*

Pretty boring aren't you? Lighten up you bitter person, nobody has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

except possibly the hamster...
    Originally Posted by Blub2k4

I laughed... Or at least smiled a little..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Had a kitten once who jumped out my bedroom window...this this day I dont know why he done it!! Hes ok...

hahaahh that made me laugh. Can't believe the way he didn't tell you why he did it...how bold :D

hahaahh that made me laugh. Can't believe the way he didn't tell you why he did it...how bold :D
    He didn't even leave a note? :p

I found it really funny!! Considering they both look my hamsters....we are talking about the picture aren we??:D

Advertisement