Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prescription Sunglasses

• 08-06-2006 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I am going away on holidays in 2 weeks.I am looking for a pair of prescription designer sunglasses.Do all makes of sunglasses do prescription sunglasses.(eg Oakley).Where is the best place to go to buy sunglasses.What are the best makes.I do not want clip-ons.

Thanks for your help
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Go to your local specsavers. Pick out a frame you like, and ask them to make the frames up as sunglasses from your prescription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

I got mine in Specsavers... polaroid lenses actually find them better than other polaroids you'd buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

i need to get presciption sunglasses to,but specsavers never seem to have ones like oakley that cover your eyes completly.

does anybody know how much it costs to get lenses put into a pair of actual sunglasses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

It is not always possible to put prescription lenses into every pair of sunglasses, it depends on your prescription. I wanted a big pair of sunglasses last year and I found it quite difficult to get a nice designer pair which could actually take my prescription, as far as I can remember the less curvature on the lense the easier it is to do.

I finally got a lovely Gucci pair in Lahinch, Co Clare but it took quite a bit of searching. I had a pair from Specsavers prior to that and the poloaroid glass which I think is standard in specsavers is very good. You will normally pay extra for this in any private opticians who do designer glasses, Specsavers just don't tend to do very fasionable designer sunglasses IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

specsavers or any good optition wqill do desinger one...
    i recommend oakleys..
    why not try their website for the new range and you can save cash if you know your prescription..(they only do dollars though, but exchange rate is very well at the moment)

also try www.redordead.com

• Advertisement

does anybody know anywhere in dublin that sell oakleys?

Whether its an optition or just a normal shop?

Say if i did find a pair of shades that i want to put prescription lenses that are tinted into them,would i just ask in an optitons before i buy them to see can it be done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Beekay wrote:
    does anybody know anywhere in dublin that sell oakleys?

Whether its an optition or just a normal shop?

Say if i did find a pair of shades that i want to put prescription lenses that are tinted into them,would i just ask in an optitons before i buy them to see can it be done?

i'm sure the sunglasses hut sells them in liffy valley.

i got my oakleys from the sunglasses hut, although in boston i got a great deal 120 dollars. they are about 200 euros here...

ohh and just remembered, not exactly dublin but that adventure store out in carrickmines retail park sells oakleys aswell but they are expensive.

my full jacket oakleys cost 320 euros there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

theres a little shop upstairs in Jervis ST Shopping center, that do wrap around prescription glass from €90 up. i cant remember the shop name sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 coman

If I pick a pair of Oakley sunglasses in the sunglasses hut will they be able to get then with prescription lenses in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

lazygit wrote:
    theres a little shop upstairs in Jervis ST Shopping center, that do wrap around prescription glass from €90 up. i cant remember the shop name sorry
    Is it Insights?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

i went to the optician in dalkey the other day looking for prescription sunglasses. they have some really nice designer frames and they check in store if your prescription is suitable. lenses cost 105 euro and then whatever frames you pick. good selection imo. depends on what you want to spend. however, too pricey pour moi!

most of the ones on this page are pretty savage

http://oakley.com/o/c329t

or here,these ones are actual prescription glasses

http://oakley.com/o/c518t

I especiallly like the A wire ones

Here - http://oakley.com/o/o1245d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

If I pick a pair of Oakley sunglasses in the sunglasses hut will they be able to get then with prescription lenses in them. coman

yes they can.
    with oakleys it looks like they are dark but really they arent you can see clearly through them. its the was the lense are shaped to refract the light...
    best buy ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I got a fab pair of Dior prescription sunglasses last summer in McNallys (my favourite opticians;) ). They are great, cover my eyes properly for driving etc and look really cool too.Cost a fair bit but were worth it and you can claim some of it back on your health insurance (HSA, VIVAS or whoever you're with)

lasair wrote:
    yes they can.
    with oakleys it looks like they are dark but really they arent you can see clearly through them. its the was the lense are shaped to refract the light...
    best buy ever

that's what i love about my oakleys, complete perv glasses - like a one way window - you can see through but not a chance of anyone seeing your eyes.

i wouldn't go crazy with the money,on buying them.but i reallly would like a very nice pair,sure its not as if they are a pair of boxers that nobody can see.they will stuck on my face!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Vision Express have loads of designer sunglasses too, gucci etc. They're on Henry St, don't know where else in Dublin they have stores

Beekay wrote:
    i wouldn't go crazy with the money,on buying them.but i reallly would like a very nice pair,sure its not as if they are a pair of boxers that nobody can see.they will stuck on my face!!

i'm telling ya, once you have a decent pair of sunglasses you can never go back, mine really help me as i fecking dispise sunlight in my eyes - suppose everyone does - but where they really help is when driving. They totally block all of the suns rays while blocking glare aswell.

Advertisement