Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Handwriting?

Options
  • 08-06-2006 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who writes like a deranged killer? With one arm? Hopping on one foot while singing the national anthem???? WHO'S BLIND?

I mean i heard it shows creativity and intelligence yaddayaddayadda but is this true?????

Wonder will the examiner be reeeeally pissed off.....My mum corrects scripts and she hates bad handwriting but still corrects it the same...I've been bitched at for my writing since like 3rd class... I think i have like an OCD thing where i MUST write that "e" or "r" perfectly...even if it is distinguishable in the 1st place.

It is late. and i must poop.
    So.....Adieu....;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

i have absolutely terrible hand writng. People in college bug me about it, my school bugged me about it, teachers gave me ahndwriting adive in 3rd year, i cannot spell well at all. A mock lC examiner had a big freaker at me at the end of a script, saying that i was an A1 student but would fail becuase of my handwriting.

I didn't fail, they do their best with your handwriting and give the benefit of the doubt.

But that said they do hate it and your scripts get corrected later when the examiners are bored tired and sick of the same answers so heres a few emeregnecy tips.

If it is basically illegible, write on only every second line.
    Write to a half an inch from the edge of the page, as in leave an imaginery margin on the right hand side aswell as the actual one on the left.
    Make your writing bigger.

I know how difficult it is to change hadnwriting. But these are things which have nothing to do with the writing itself they are merely presentation.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

my writing lol.... me and my mate have probably the worst hand writing styles ever. The thing is there is no style at all, I write words differently all the time, and I've nick named my mate "scribbles"

I might scan some of my handwriting tomorrow or later :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

No no no MINE is the worst everyone always tells me I got ''boys handwriting''

I just hope that they can read it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

mine is total crap, all through school teachers whinged about it and refused to correct work.

I was also told I would fail in the leaving as they would not mark mine as they wouldnt be able to read it

well.. i didnt fail.. they did mark it and it was probably the worst i had ever written because i was rushing in some exams especially english.

so i wouldnt worry about it too much
    also i agree .. it is a very hard thing to change and mine never did since i was like 12... i still cant even do attached writing.. @22 :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

LOL:D Mine is absolute rubbish and i have been told and moaned about ever since 4th class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I will join the group I have been always told that I have bad handwriting but at the start of 5th year my writing became neater and more readable kinda of a bubbly style. But handwriting doest really matter for me :rolleyes: cos im doing my exams on computer exp all short ans, maths & tech drawin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I'm an examiner and I can tell you that you are all DOOMED!
    Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Nah at least half the people who posted, posted to say that they survived despitwe their chicken scratch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have examined in the past and there is no such thing as giving someone the benefit of the doubt because of sloppy handwriting. If an answer cannot be read, it won't be marked, simple as that.

I have had a number of papers where pages of scrawl got no marks whatsoever because neither I nor my supervising examiner could interpret the squiggles. I'm sure the candidates thought they had done well, and maybe whatever they wrote was good, but that's neither here nor there if it could not be read.

It's never too late to improve handwriting. It just takes time and hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

eamoss how are u doing ur exams on the computer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Had to go thro loads of ****e to get it. But not goin 2 go into much detail but basically i have dyslexia and got it cos of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i have nice handwriting :)

(bet yous all hate me now :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

peckerhead wrote:
    I'm an examiner and I can tell you that you are all DOOMED!
    Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa....:D

Omg I hope I don't get you :eek:
    You're mean :(

Advertisement