Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another crazy phone jack wiring question!

Options
  • 08-06-2006 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi There,

I have just moved into a new place and need to wire up the phone. The image below shows the cable from outside "wired-up" to a cable inside the house:

DSC00037.JPG

The black cable is coming from outside and is connected to the telephone wire inside the house. The black cable seems to have black, green, white and orange wires. The black and green ones are not connected to the internal phone line.

The internal phone line has red, blue, green and brown wires:

DSC00036.JPG

The jack looks like:

DSC00035.JPG

So, how should I wire this up so that it works?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It would appear that the orange and green are your phone line coming from outside. AFAIR you need to connect these to the terminals marked L1 and L2 on the jack. It's been a while since I connected mine up but I's almost positive they are the terminals for the phone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well all you need is the two wires to create the line. It appears that your box has connections for 6, so what you need to hook up, is the wires to connections 3 and 4 of 6, i.e. the middle two. If in doubt simply plug your phone in and touch the wires off the top connections until you hear a dial tone. The wires can be reveresed as well.

Advertisement