Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save option on Excel Spreadsheet on web

Options
  • 08-06-2006 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to make a little spreadsheet available to myself on the web, I will be updating it from work and from home so this is the easiest way to ensure that I can always get at the latest version of it.

I have copied the spreadsheet onto my NTL personal site and I've put a link to the spreadsheet in the html code on my home page.

When I click the link the spreadsheet opens as expected, I can make changes to it however when I try to save the file the changes are not saved - is there any way around this?

The spreadsheet is password protected, when I click on the link I have to enter the password to open it - I'm not too sure if this is relevant.

Thanks for any help/information that you might be able to give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

you can't directly save a file to your website in this fashion ...
    What you really want to do is save a copy locally and upload it again afterwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Afaik Google will be doing online spreadsheets soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Gordon wrote:
    Afaik Google will be doing online spreadsheets soon.

You can already sign up for it here

Another Google attempt at scanning personal information :D

Gosh wrote:
    You can already sign up for it here

Another Google attempt at scanning personal information :D

and don't google know everything about us already ... I know its where I look up my personal details when I need them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I signed up yesterday and got an invitation to use it only a couple of hours later.

• Advertisement

Serbian wrote:
    I signed up yesterday and got an invitation to use it only a couple of hours later.

ooo cool ... I wait with impatience then :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Try signing up with a gmail address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Try signing up with a gmail address.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I used a Gmail address too. That probably makes a difference alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

look into the free sql-ledger too, although it's probably a bit too extreme for your needs. You would need better hosting to set it up (PHP/MYSQL). It's basically like having Sage Accounting software online.

Advertisement