Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on desludging costs

Options
  • 08-06-2006 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

I have a Klargester unit for a normal-sized domestic house - I need to get it desludged and was wondering if there is much variance in cost i.e. should I get several quotes or is it a standard-enough task. Is there anything else I need to look out for?

I was told by the installer to desludge after 18mths to 24mths, but on looking it up on the Klargester website it suggests getting it done every 12 months - any advice on which is more accurate. Perhaps the first desludge period might be longer and subsequent ones more frequent.

Thanks in advance

PaulB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

paulb wrote:
    Hi,

I have a Klargester unit for a normal-sized domestic house - I need to get it desludged and was wondering if there is much variance in cost i.e. should I get several quotes or is it a standard-enough task. Is there anything else I need to look out for?

I was told by the installer to desludge after 18mths to 24mths, but on looking it up on the Klargester website it suggests getting it done every 12 months - any advice on which is more accurate. Perhaps the first desludge period might be longer and subsequent ones more frequent.

Thanks in advance

PaulB

Who installed this???. I know with Puraflow and kingspan envirocare, they can look after there own?.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 paulb

Kingspan registered installer/rep. However they come check it, annually, but don't actually desludge. i.e. they look under the cover and go away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

paulb wrote:
    Kingspan registered installer/rep. However they come check it, annually, but don't actually desludge. i.e. they look under the cover and go away

Really, I thought that they would recommened someone to do that as well.
    I am not sure these days about whether you can ring an agrcultural contractor to vacum tank it up, where doe he put it then!!..

Advertisement