Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTTP 500 Bad Hostname

Options
  • 08-06-2006 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm attempting to send an HTTP post to a page but am getting the following intermittent HTTP 500 error (I've had to remove the domain name as the site belongs to a client of the company I work for):

Can't connect to www.*******.co.uk:80 (Bad hostname 'www.*******.co.uk')

The page I'm posting to is written in asp. These HTTP 500's usually seem to be caused by some asp server issue I can find on microsoft/google, but not this guy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

daresie wrote:
    I'm attempting to send an HTTP post to a page but am getting the following intermittent HTTP 500 error (I've had to remove the domain name as the site belongs to a client of the company I work for):

Can't connect to [url]www.*******.co.uk:80[/url] (Bad hostname 'www.*******.co.uk')

The page I'm posting to is written in asp. These HTTP 500's usually seem to be caused by some asp server issue I can find on microsoft/google, but not this guy.
    HTTP 500 is a server error. You can't get a HTTP 500 error message back from a server if you can't connect to the server. Are you go through some sort of proxy server?

Advertisement