Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Public Download

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Stephen wrote:
    Any 6800GT users had any success at all? :(

Played Quake 4 for all of 30 seconds on Vista 64. Seemed ok, slightly slugish but I expected that. Totally playable though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You having any problems with drivers? I've just installed the previous nvidia drivers (the last ones they released before beta 2) to see how it goes. Its asking for a reboot now. There's no nvidia control panel though, so no tweaking.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1368#download

Will let ye know if they work.

Stephen wrote:
    You having any problems with drivers? I've just installed the previous nvidia drivers (the last ones they released before beta 2) to see how it goes. Its asking for a reboot now. There's no nvidia control panel though, so no tweaking.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1368#download

Will let ye know if they work.

To be honest I haven't really used it much so far. On an Asrock board and couldn't get their installer to work on x64 so I had to manually install the drivers...not sure I have a proper AGP driver installed...the Nvidia drivers went on fine though. Sound is a realtek chip so that was no bother either.

Anything specific you want me to check?

i was having problems solely with my 6800GT, from googling around it seems there are serious problems with Vista beta 2, these cards and the latest nvidia drivers.
    Had to download drivers for my audigy 2 zs, but it is working perfectly.
    I have just installed the older drivers mentioned above, and while performance is much better (i.e. i can use the gui without it stuttering all over the place) its still not a patch on XP. I know, beta software, yada yada.

Ah right. I'm on the latest Nvidia Vista drivers and my GUI is running fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

this morning it crashed after it came back from sleep mode... and Outlook 2007 beta also crashed once... i could not get rid of it from Task Manager... had to reboot... also there's pop message keep saying that my Realtek AC'97 audio drivers is not designed for Vista... althou it is Vista beta version downloaded from Realtek website... anyway, i just ordered another 1GB RAM just to see how it pumped up from 512MB... the rating is 3 at the moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

another stupid question.......and to think a few years ago i was pretty knowledgable.....:confused:

got vista 32 yesterday and am planned an install this week. I'vce already 2 partitions running on a 250gig drive. Is there any way to create another partition without wrecking everything i have......

I just installed Vista into one of my existing NTFS partitions that didn't have any operating system stuff on it, just file storage and its been working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

cool i've cleared both my partitions now and have founs loads of space on the non OS one so its going there............when i get round to burning it ha ha
    such hassle!

Advertisement