Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone and O2 to offer tv channels over 3G

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

flodis79 wrote:
    so what you say is that only sky news and kerrang send live on voda? the rest of the channels send other material that what is sent simultaneously on the "real" tv channel?

Yep pretty much, its a farce in a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

funkyflea wrote:
    Yep pretty much, its a farce in a way.
    That's very serious if that's true. That's deception against the customer when the ad says "live television"......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

flodis79 wrote:
    That's very serious if that's true. That's deception against the customer when the ad says "live television"......

I guess its live TV from the VF server!!! Meaning that you dont have to download it then re play it !! I guess they would get away with it , it like saying FREE calls between VF customers ......(but you must be on a high price plan)!!!!

There are always loop holes they can jump thru .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

ok is it free until september or 1 week only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

i just rang 3 customer care and he said that 3 ireland should have their mobile tv thing soon enough though he didnt seem to sure
    one thing he did tell me is that it would only work on symbian phones i.e nokia 6680 and the N70 is this true?
    will it not work on my motorola v3x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I suppose if they were to show proper live TV you'd get a lot of ads and a lot of daytime TV rubbish. I assume they're showing the better/more popular shows from the channels.
    It will be interesting to see if 3 go with the same approach or if they go for proper Live TV.

Carpenter wrote:
    ok is it free until september or 1 week only

Its free until September for all Channels, I was in VF store yesterday and asked this very question as it looked like I was being asked to subscribe to something on the VF Live menu.

1huge1 wrote:
    i just rang 3 customer care and he said that 3 ireland should have their mobile tv thing soon enough though he didnt seem to sure
    one thing he did tell me is that it would only work on symbian phones i.e nokia 6680 and the N70 is this true?
    will it not work on my motorola v3x

I think it will work with all 3G phones only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I'd still rather live tv than looping programs that aren't even full programs!!

I wish they'd update it sometime. -_-

Advertisement