Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper 1

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

happydance wrote:
    I got all the root 3 things to.

You know for question 5 ci? I did that by changing the bases, i got a squared think, but I have a log a to the base b and a log b to the base a, anyone eles try it like that? strangely I seem to have got part cii) out so I'm hopeful.

yeah it worked out as a perfect square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

:D Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Here are the answers I got for the questions if it helps (I'm sure some are wrong!)
    1. (a) a = 3
    (b) m=-4 n=6
    (c) (ii) x = +/- (root)q , p
    2 (a) x=2, y=-1
    (b) (i) t>0, t<-8/9
    (c) didn't get
    3 (a) d=1
    (b) (i) x=1/4 y=2
    (ii) k= -4/2
    (c) (i) 16(cos(2PIE/3) - i(sin(2PIE/3))
    (ii) 4096
    (iii) root 3 -i, -1 -root 3 i, 2, 1+root3 i
    4 (a) n=10
    (b) r = 4/3 and r=-1/3
    (c) (i) 189
    (ii) 3n(n+2)
    5 (a) 50
    (b) (i) a=1 b=-1
    (iii) 5/6
    (c) (ii) loga^b =1
    6 (a) (3x+2)/(2 root x)
    (b) (ii) (3/2),(-61,16)
    7 (a) 25/13
    (c) a=1 b=2 n=2
    Feel free to correct the wrong ones.
    For paper 2 write your answers onto the answer paper you bring home so that we can compare the answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Don't! You can get in so much shit if you write answers on to the exam itself!

If you do that and an inspector shows up, then it'll look like you're trying to pass answers. Drop your exam and someone else rights it up. Even if you're not doing that, it's too risky just to tell people your answers later. The examiner we have warned us about it, specifically with maths papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Zoodlebop

JCB wrote:
    Here are the answers I got for the questions if it helps (I'm sure some are wrong!)
    1. (a) a = 3
    (b) m=-4 n=6
    (c) (ii) x = +/- (root)q , p
    2 (a) x=2, y=-1
    (b) (i) t>0, t<-8/9
    (c) didn't get
    3 (a) d=1
    (b) (i) x=1/4 y=2
    (ii) k= -4/2
    (c) (i) 16(cos(2PIE/3) - i(sin(2PIE/3))
    (ii) 4096
    (iii) root 3 -i, -1 -root 3 i, 2, 1+root3 i
    4 (a) n=10
    (b) r = 4/3 and r=-1/3
    (c) (i) 189
    (ii) 3n(n+2)
    5 (a) 50
    (b) (i) a=1 b=-1
    (iii) 5/6
    (c) (ii) loga^b =1
    6 (a) (3x+2)/(2 root x)
    (b) (ii) (3/2),(-61,16)
    7 (a) 25/13
    (c) a=1 b=2 n=2
    Feel free to correct the wrong ones.
    For paper 2 write your answers onto the answer paper you bring home so that we can compare the answers.

Wow, I'm so relieved about that. I fealt great about it initially, but going over it in my head, I felt worse and worse. Your answers match mine, except d=1, I got d=5

• Advertisement

Zoodlebop wrote:
    I got d=5

Yeah I got that aswell, I was wondering if it was right or not. For 2 (A) did anyone get two values for x and y for the simultaneous equations. It had an x squared I thought that meant there had to be two values!?

Raphael wrote:

If you do that and an inspector shows up, then it'll look like you're trying to pass answers. Drop your exam and someone else rights it up. Even if you're not doing that, it's too risky just to tell people your answers later. The examiner we have warned us about it, specifically with maths papers.

I wrote all my answers in, and my examiner said nothing to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

JCB wrote:
    5 (a) 50
    Was the answer to that not 70?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

Im sure I made a balls of my maths paper, i cant even remember what answers i got! Hope i passed it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

willowmegs wrote:
    Im sure I made a balls of my maths paper, i cant even remember what answers i got! Hope i passed it..

Me too :(

• Advertisement

Inglorious wrote:

yeah I got that, accoridng to my computer thats the answer too.

Also i got different answers to some of 3c), but I'm not sure. ( I got the answers with the root threes that other people had)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Raphael wrote:

That's absolute crap, you're allowed write on the exam paper. They tell you to in many of the guides.

We certainly heard nothing against it! Most of my class had the exam paper cover when we came out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Zoodlebop

Yeah, there was an x-squared, ur right. I got two values there.

Inglorious wrote:

Did anyone get -70 for this. I got minus because of the the -Y/X

I got a positive, signs wouldn't be my stroun point now, but I got the -x/y) to the power of 4, thats likt it squared twice right?, so that gives you a positive.

happydance wrote:
    I got a positive, signs wouldn't be my stroun point now, but I got the -x/y) to the power of 4, thats likt it squared twice right?, so that gives you a positive.

Yeah your right ah well its only a slip -1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Why is everyone doing post-mortems they are no use! What's done is done.

I thought the pass maths paper 1 was hard too but I came out happy with it cos I tried it all and got an extra question done too so on the whole I was happy out.

Advertisement