Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating Interest/getting the word out there

• 08-06-2006 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi

Im almost finished my website which will be supplying a comodity to both industry and public and i really want to get known in Ireland Europe Uk US and possibly far east maybe Japan. I think my website provides an interest factor for the public and also stirs up a little bit of competition and national pride between these areas.

I dont really have much money to market but ive got pleanty of time. i was thinking of starting in Ireland sending a press release to all the papers and radio stations. is this done? or over done? ie no one reads them. And if irelands business start biting use that money for proper marketing campagin. any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Regards
    John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,789 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There was a similar thread posted a while ago that may be of interest:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054912234

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 John101

thanks hill billy good thread pretty much what im looking for.

question is it illegal to email target customers im not talkin sending out millions of emails repeatily just a few hundred maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

John101 wrote:
    question is it illegal to email target customers im not talkin sending out millions of emails repeatily just a few hundred maybe?
    Yeah it probably is but your best bet is to just pick up the phone, try your darndest to get through to the person in the company who would deal with your type of product and build a rapport with them, have a chat, ask for advice, get them interested etc

Then take the order!

Advertisement