Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pull Up to the LINE!

Options
  • 08-06-2006 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Parking on the street

It has started to annoy me.
    people who pull in to a parking space and reverse back close to the car behind them. and leave 4-5 feet of space in front of them, why? I think that when parking on a street and you are parking in the last space of the parking block that you should pull up to the line instead of reversing back close to the guy behind you and leaving only space to park a trike. I have seen this happen outside my house almost daily.
    let me clarify, if you have a parking block on the side of a street that can hold 4 cars comfortably.

|...|...|...|...|
    .......|1.|
    car 1 pulls up in the middle of the block,
    |...|...|...|...|
    .......|1.||2.|
    car 2 pulls in in front of car 1 leaving 4 ft of space behind him,
    |...|...|...|...|
    ...|3.|1.||2.|
    car 3 pulls in behind car 1 up to the bumper and leaves 4 ft of space behind him. I come along and cant park behind car 2 0r 3.
    |...|...|...|...|
    |3.|.|1.|..|2.|
    of course if car 2+3 did park at the line then there wouldnt be space either cause car 1 caused the problem in the first place by parking in the middle of the block,
    |...|...|...|...|
    |3.||4||5||2|
    but when he leaves and cars 2+3 are up to the lines then there is 2 spaces instesd of one.

Make sence not to me either!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Probably to make life easier for themselves when getting out of the space.... you know its too much trouble to turn the steering wheel a few more times. Pure laziness... its everywhere these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Drax wrote:
    Probably to make life easier for themselves when getting out of the space.... you know its too much trouble to turn the steering wheel a few more times. Pure laziness... its everywhere these days.

Well yes id agree with the first car pullin up and plonking it anywhere with disregard for everyone els but the other two that reverse back and wast space that i heve the problem with it just doesnt make any sence to me to leave any spacein front of you. I f you can pull up to the line then pull up till the front of the car is at the line.

Advertisement