Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car to get for taxi/hackney?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

dubtom wrote:
    I saw one of them Camry gracia just tonight, hadn't seen that model before, is it a jap, because I thought that Toyota stopped making diesel camrys in 99.

They stopped doing diesel camrys over here in 1991. lots of the 2.2 TD used as taxis over here, good spec, auto box, lots of room, the ideal taxi!

toyota_camry_gracia_wagon_2180493.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

We have a VW bora tdi for sale on the FS page.....check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Camry 2.0TD (with intercooler) auto Lumiere jap import. Great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

the toyota avensis would be good buy imo.used to drive one,the 2.0l td model from around 99 is a great car.Good mileage to a tank,plenty of room,good spec and are quite comfortable.never had a problem with mine.sold it with over 130k on the clock and its still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

colm_mcm wrote:
    They stopped doing diesel camrys over here in 1991. lots of the 2.2 TD used as taxis over here, good spec, auto box, lots of room, the ideal taxi!

toyota_camry_gracia_wagon_2180493.jpg

Thats the model I have, the gracia I saw was the Irish shape and a 99. The model you show,aw40 or something their called, was finished in 98 and no longer available in diesel.

• Advertisement

the Irish spec model wasn't available in diesel, only 2.2/2.4 and 3.0 petrol

there is also this body shape, though I'm not sure about diesel availibility on this shape
    photo2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

colm_mcm wrote:
    the Irish spec model wasn't available in diesel, only 2.2/2.4 and 3.0 petrol

there is also this body shape, though I'm not sure about diesel availibility on this shape
    photo2.jpg

Yea thats the shape I saw the gracia in, don't know whether it was a diesel though.

as far as I know, that is 2.2 petrol or 3.0V6 petrol. The other shape comes with 4WD too.

Advertisement