Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a good Mechanic

Options
  • 08-06-2006 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Just two days ago the timing belt went in my Alfa 147. :(
    I normally take my car to Youngs Motors in Rathgar and phoned them for a quote. They said it could be anywhere from a £1000-1500.. depending on the damage to the valves.
    I want to shop around as obviously we're talking a lot of money.
    has anyone any good experience with mechanics out there?

And advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

DMAC wrote:
    Just two days ago the timing belt went in my Alfa 147. :(
    I normally take my car to Youngs Motors in Rathgar and phoned them for a quote. They said it could be anywhere from a £1000-1500.. depending on the damage to the valves.
    I want to shop around as obviously we're talking a lot of money.
    has anyone any good experience with mechanics out there?

And advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Sorry to hear that.

TI Autos (number is in one of the sticky threads) are supposed to be one of the best Alfa mechanics around. Alasta Autos are also quite good, that's where I went for my servicing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DMAC

Thanks for that Eoin.
    I contacted TI but they close tomorrow for a month due to summer holidays. Bad timing I guess.

I called Alasta just after and they are going to get a mechanic to call me back, so fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dude, C&F Motors in Deerpark!! Joe is the mechanic there!! Spot on and should get you sorted at a decent price!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DMAC

I've had a wee search for them on the web. Is that a motor factors?

So far on quotes I've had
    Young Motors - €1000 - €1500
    Alasta Autos - €1400 €1800

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nope, its a garage!!

C & F Motors Ltd
    Deerpark rd Mt Merrion Dublin T (01)2888280

• Advertisement
Advertisement