Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermacs, Ennis RD. Pub??

Options
  • 08-06-2006 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

My dad read a thing in one of the local papers that there has been a
    planning applacation made by supermacs on the ennis road to extend
    the place and put in a pub upstairs were the gym was.
    Did anyone hear anything else about this?
    Would be cool to get another pub out this way i hate the Davin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

o'Mara motors have applied for permission for a hotel, apartments and shops so there will be a abr there, hadn't heard about s'macs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Could definately do with a new pub, both the Woodlield and the Davin are crap, but have serious doubt one above Supermacs would be any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

the davin has turned into a kip.
    real bad crowd that go there too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Yep - the Davin's a mess...
    Has the new place at the old Ryan hotel not opened yet, or what's the latest?

I'm out of the country for a while - for shame, I haven't been keeping up with the local news...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Yep - the Davin's a mess...
    Has the new place at the old Ryan hotel not opened yet, or what's the latest?

I'm out of the country for a while - for shame, I haven't been keeping up with the local news...

Yes it's a hotel now again owned by the Clarion group, don't think the bar would be great though, in general I think hotel resident bars are not brilliant and charge ridiculous prices for drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Agree about the hotel bars... but at least it's somewhere a little more respectable if the folks pay a visit!
    Don't really want to side track this topic - but do you know if they are finished with the development at the Ryan, I think they were originally taking about 3/4 seperate blocks along with the old hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Spengman

OwenM wrote:
    o'Mara motors have applied for permission for a hotel, apartments and shops so there will be a abr there, hadn't heard about s'macs

Actually o mara motors have withdrawn their application, not sure if they're going to submit another application but they're obviously re-thinking their proposal!

Things are starting to hot up on this side of town, planning permission was granted recently aswell for a retail park beside the jetland centre, the residents of ashbrook have fought a long battle against it and we may not have heard the end of the matter yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

The woodfield aint that bad I mean look at the Davin it was sh!te for years then they did it up and made it would u believe even sh!ter. Worlds most soulless bar but as Ive said b4 b=good cheap grub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ra's_al_Ghul

Davin's pretty crap.I like the Woodfield though.nice people go there and the bar staff are sound and friendly plus all the (younger) locals are good craic once you talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

The woodie is a decent spot these days, that of course comparing with the 'had its day' davin arms. Dont think a new pub at O Maras will help. Better to hit town at all costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

O Mara's Planning app was withdrawn last August as Tony has no intention of ever moving out of the site

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ninty9er wrote:
    O Mara's Planning app was withdrawn last August as Tony has no intention of ever moving out of the site

He would want to do something with that place though, it looks very run down since he transfered the Toyota dealership out to the Tipperary Road. Doesn't intice me to buy a car from that place, very Arthur Daily looking imo. Will look even worse when the new retail park across the road is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

bazz26 wrote:
    He would want to do something with that place though, it looks very run down since he transfered the Toyota dealership out to the Tipperary Road. Doesn't intice me to buy a car from that place, very Arthur Daily looking imo. Will look even worse when the new retail park across the road is complete.

There's plans alright. But cars are the next things to be hit by interest rates after houses, so they're hedging all bets before pumping money into it. Should end up something like a mini version of the Tipp Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I remember we once went into the Davin on New Years Eve, and could hardly breath because of the ciggy smoke ...... I think the Oxygen content in the place must have been minus 5 !!!!! ..... :(

I always liked the look of the outside though .... the Veranda effect .... :)

3External.jpg

http://www.thedavinarms.com/images/3External.jpg

Advertisement