Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cafe

Options
  • 08-06-2006 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

The new cafe opened up last weekend beside superquinn. I'm interested to hear what peoples' opinions are? I ate in it on Monday afternoon and thought it was quite pricey for what you got and the service was a little slow considering there were only six tables being used outside and nobody eating inside. However this is probably just a teething problem while they get settled in. The place itself is lovely and the menu is nice though I think overheard the owner saying that it wasn't a full menu.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I got 2 latte's there over the weekend - 2 Euro each.
    It was the Java coffee that they used which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

:D I was in there this am. Had a Blueberry muffin and a Cappuchino (really nice)although it was €4.90. A bit pricey but then again thats the about the same price as the other coffee shops in Greystones. I was talking to the Owner and he said he hopes to have an evening resturaunt in a few weeks which means he will be open till late serving evening meals which will be really handy if the food is good...can fall home quiet easily and have some vino if they have a licence. Nice friendly staff and very clean..service is slow but as they are just starting will give them a chance to get to know the ropes. Nice to be able to sit out and relax day or eveing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

inch - i'm very jealous to hear you have been out enjoying the sun drinking coffe and eating muffins on a Thursday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Perty

The menu says they have a Bring Your Own Wine offer and charge €4.50 a bottle which is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

INCH wrote:
    :D I was in there this am. Had a Blueberry muffin and a Cappuchino (really nice)although it was €4.90. A bit pricey but then again thats the about the same price as the other coffee shops in Greystones. I was talking to the Owner and he said he hopes to have an evening resturaunt in a few weeks which means he will be open till late serving evening meals which will be really handy if the food is good...can fall home quiet easily and have some vino if they have a licence. Nice friendly staff and very clean..service is slow but as they are just starting will give them a chance to get to know the ropes. Nice to be able to sit out and relax day or eveing. :D

I'd say they would need to do something in the evening - surely there can't be much day time trade in Charlesland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Ditto to dubgirl's response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

eoin_s wrote:
    I'd say they would need to do something in the evening - surely there can't be much day time trade in Charlesland?
    Yeah!

Can't see too many builders sitting outside sipping skinny-halfcaf-mochachinos!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Ah well ya seee this maternity leave lark is great...get to wheel my fab little son down there while he sleeps...i get to spend an hour in the sunshine having a fab cappuchino, looking at the pictures in an overpriced magazine and generaly relaxing and getting to know the locals :D

The owner/manager said he hopes to have the evening resturaunt opened soon and it will be BYO. brilliant idea!!! cant wait to fall home from there some night!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nigel123

Ate there today found the food,and staff to be good, the place was spotless as well. Prices I found to be the same as everywhere else.

Owner/Manager was saying they are hoping to be open in the evenings in the near future and will have a bring your own policy with a small corkage charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

BYO is a great idea... Order your food, then run into SQ and get a bottle to suit your order!

Presumably they'd charge some form of corkage?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Hope it does better than the last owner it opened for a Day then he had a Cardiac Arrest & Died :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Hope it does better than the last owner it opened for a Day then he had a Cardiac Arrest & Died :rolleyes:

:( surely (if it's true)

loyatemu wrote:
    :( surely (if it's true)

Im Serious!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Looked at his own price list did he?

IT Loser wrote:
    Looked at his own price list did he?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I noticed the cafe was open tonight for evening meals. Did anyone go down? Let us all know if you did and what it was like. Might drop in myself at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Yeah, the Cafe is open late Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights and I think there is an evening menu. It's worth a try:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

The food on saturday night was great!! If i can manage an oul babysitter i'll be down again. Anyone else have a go??

Advertisement