Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1 - Higher Level

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kwiva-g

Just think if someone started talking to you as if they had a severe speech impediment. Might it occur to you that they may in fact have a mental disability?

That's not a fair example!!!:eek: Anyway, really sorry for getting off the subject, AGAIN!! But you have limited space on bebo too, even if it is 1000 characters!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

curliq wrote:
    one Golden Rule for irish is ALWAYS base your comhra and essay on the comprehension. helps if you just weren't bothered, or if you go totally blank. it may be half-assed, but it gives a nice flow and theme to the exam :p

Jesus, you could do the Lord of The Rings Trilogy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Now who on earth is going to write 1000 chars about how much they like to get locked at the weekends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Piste wrote:
    Now who on earth is going to write 1000 chars about how much they like to get locked at the weekends?
    Don't forget about how there school is sh1t, and how they love The Shawshank Redemption, Kanwe West and leave the space for books blank. For a site that encourages you to have your own page, everyone seems to copy everyone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

kwiva-g wrote:
    That's not a fair example!!!:eek: Anyway, really sorry for getting off the subject, AGAIN!! But you have limited space on bebo too, even if it is 1000 characters!!:p
    Why not? I'm not saying people with speech impediments have mental disabilities or anything, but if it was really bad, one might think so.

And, yes, but Bebo is the scum of the internet, so it's a bad comparison to make.

• Advertisement

Piste wrote:

Brendan Beahan?

Piste wrote:
    Ah well you're judging again! Most of my friends on bebo don't drink at all, and if you're trying to tell a story in one comment you have to use up two comments or so. And anyway who cares? Is cuma liom!!!:D

Why not? I'm not saying people with speech impediments have mental disabilities or anything, but if it was really bad, one might think so.

And, yes, but Bebo is the scum of the internet, so it's a bad comparison to make.
    Sure, but to use your own metaphor, what if the person was surrounded by people who talked with the "speech impediment"? It's ignorance, not stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

OOOHHH dont go there! nah , im only messing! i just love bebo because i can keep in touch with friends from holidays and the gaelteacht etc etc! but i have to admit a lot of people do have the same sort of stuff ie. shawdank redemption,kanye west(mind you i have him on my list but still....:rolleyes: !)

Then it'd be normal. But here, text speak isn't commonly used (and thank god for that).

EDIT: I didn't say scum of the world, just the intenet. Okay, I'll be nicer. Not the entire internet. There's stuff a lot worse. But it's baad.

• Advertisement

Yeah wtf is with everyone loving the Shawshank Redemption so much? I've never seen it, no idea what it's like, but it seems to be a favourite of everyone's
    kwiva-g wrote:
    Ah well you're judging again! Most of my friends on bebo don't drink at all, and if you're trying to tell a story in one comment you have to use up two comments or so. And anyway who cares? Is cuma liom!!!:D

I'm making a generalisation, I'll admit that. Most of bebo is written in txt spk when what the users are trying to say can be easily said well within 1000 words and not written like fools. If you're trying to tell a story why would you comment? You have phones, and email for that too y'know.

Piste wrote:
    Yeah wtf is with everyone loving the Shawshank Redemption so much? I've never seen it, no idea what it's like, but it seems to be a favourite of everyone's
    It's the suggested film when you're filling out your homepage.
    Ie, it says "Favourite films, eg, Shawshank Redemption" and everyone decides that that sounds good.

Don't ask me how I know this...=/

Well when I have no credit and I simply MUST get some news off my chest, the most likely way for it to be read is if I post it in a comment on bebo. Most of my friends hardly ever check their e-mail anyway. Commenting is much more reliable, in most cases anyway;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Piste wrote:

It's not a bad move...it got number 1 in Empire's top 100 movies or something like that...but it is very weird when the ''omg roysh loike!!11!1!'' idiots put it up as one of their favourite movies..it's not that kinda movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

What's so wrong with Bebo?Please tell me,I'm dying to know:rolleyes: .Are you one of those myspace purists who believe it's better in every respect?It's like the whole Arctic Monkey's debate...Jeez

I'm registered with Bebo and MySpace.

I think Bebo is the worst. It's basically a popularity contest, IMO. I never use it and don't intend to in the future.
    I think MySpace is a lot better. Although I don't use it that often, it's good to check out new and old bands as I'm quite interested in music and of course 'to keep in touch with all my wonderful friends'. I don't like how Emo MySpace is becomming though.

But really, Bebo is ****e.

Jello wrote:
    I'm registered with Bebo and MySpace.

I think Bebo is the worst. It's basically a popularity contest, IMO. I never use it and don't intend to in the future.
    I think MySpace is a lot better. Although I don't use it that often, it's good to check out new and old bands as I'm quite interested in music and of course 'to keep in touch with all my wonderful friends'. I don't like how Emo MySpace is becomming though.

But really, Bebo is ****e.

I mainly use myspace for music too but on myspace it is a lot easier (and safer) to meet new and interesting people and there are also forums on myspace. Bebo is mostly for all the thicks who don't know much, even though I use bebo a fair bit myself (mostly cos other people keep on sending me messages)

Myspace is terrible emo these days though. lol.

Lolz MySpace. My content filter blocked it so I couldn't access it and never set up an account, but then I Haxx0red it and now I am free \o/

But still no MySpace

The punk forums on myspace are so funny. Even funnier than the one here on boards dare I say.

What?! Funnier than a board forum? Blasphemy!

• Advertisement

The punk forums on myspace are so funny. Even funnier than the one here on boards dare I say.
    Today's Hot Topics:

"I'm going to kill myself"
    "Anyone else like Korn?"
    "I like Korn"

"Korn make me wanna kill myself"

BMH wrote:
    Today's Hot Topics:

"Anyone else like Korn?"
    "I like Korn"

k0rn aren't punk, g00d Charlott3 and gr33nday are liek so much more punkzerz than them. Gr33nday started teh punk back in teh 70's.

Piste wrote:
    "Korn make me wanna kill myself"

Ditto, whatever happened to good old happy* music.

*not hippie, happy

All together now!

"I'd like to give the world a home, and furnish it with love! Gorw apple trees and honey bees and snow white turtle doves!* I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony, I'd like to hold it in my hands and keep it company"

*Htf does one "grow" doves and bees anyway?

Piste wrote:
    *Htf does one "grow" doves and bees anyway?

With miracle gro duhh!

k0rn aren't punk, g00d Charlott3 and gr33nday are liek so much more punkzerz than them. Gr33nday started teh punk back in teh 70's.

Tooootally. GrEeN dAy 4 eva!! <3333333.

BMH wrote:
    Today's Hot Topics:

"Anyone else like Korn?"
    "I like Korn"

That's Emo, not Punk...big difference!

And KoRn are...em...''nu-metal''

In my skimming over of your posts, I happened to come across a severe lacking in any relation to the original topic being Irish.
    Irish Irish Irish. Let's talk about Irish, and not anything else.

• Advertisement

But sure Irish is over now. ;)

Advertisement