Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Uk Licence

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

My residence on the licence is the family home in Dublin. I'm still "ordinary resident" there. I just filled in my London address on the sticker on the licence application they place on the envelope. They had no problem posting it here. It might have helped that I submitted a police crime report with the application with my uk address on it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Why don't you flash one of your many credit cards at someone and go the whole hog and buy a dodgy licence..it would save all this hassle of having to apply, go through tests etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

parsi wrote:
    Why don't you flash one of your many credit cards at someone and go the whole hog and buy a dodgy licence..it would save all this hassle of having to apply, go through tests etc...

nah i wouldnot do that.i rather do it the right way

mdebets wrote:
    Perhaps because he is to loose his Irish licence and he thinks a second licence would allow him to drive legally afterwards.

no thats not the reason.its something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

drdre wrote:
    nah i wouldnot do that.i rather do it the right way

Have you been reading the thread? There is no 'right way'!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

esel wrote:
    Have you been reading the thread? There is no 'right way'!

alright thats fine.i will get this thread closed then
    thanks for the comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Since your court case has probably long been and gone drdre, I assume this means you lost your Irish licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

dre,

I would be very careful about talking about potentially illegal things when your sig reveals your real name, which is unusual enough to allow your address, telephone number and business interests be figured out in 0.5 seconds.

(P.S. Im not a voyeur, just very much involved in internet privacy issues to the degree that I have done a masters thesis and written a few publications on the issue)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

drdre wrote:
    So you have another court case comming up for dangerous driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

drdre wrote:

What is it?
    drdre wrote:
    i will get this thread closed then
    mike65 wrote:
    Hmmmmmmmmm.

Class, Mike! :D

maidhc wrote:
    dre,

I would be very careful about talking about potentially illegal things when your sig reveals your real name, which is unusual enough to allow your address, telephone number and business interests be figured out in 0.5 seconds.

(P.S. Im not a voyeur, just very much involved in internet privacy issues to the degree that I have done a masters thesis and written a few publications on the issue)

im not talking about illegeal stuff, im trying to find out a legal way.thats why i asked the question

Stark wrote:
    Since your court case has probably long been and gone drdre, I assume this means you lost your Irish licence?

i have to go back on oct 5th, but the uk licence query is not because of my court case.

Stark wrote:

what do you mean, i have a full irish licence so donot need a harry potter one:D

drdre wrote:
    im not talking about illegeal stuff, im trying to find out a legal way.thats why i asked the question

if it was easy and legal to get we would all have them. There is a certain attractivness in being immune from penalty points.

maidhc wrote:
    if it was easy and legal to get we would all have them. There is a certain attractivness in being immune from penalty points.

i thought it was easy to get, thats why i asked the question but now i know its difficult

Dawood Aziz, why won't you tell us why you think you need a UK license? How did your father obtain both a UK and an Irish license?

Have you and / or your father something to hide?

I'm not one to get suspicious easily, but you need to answer a few questions here, mate. For your own sake!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Something is fishy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

1) Immune from points
    2) Not easily traced by Gardai
    3) ...no, that's it, I'm out of reasons!

If you obtain a duplicate, your original becomes void.
    If you swap your Irish license for another European one, it's sent back here and declared void.

WRT getting a replacement Irish license from abroad (can't remember who posted that), the Motor Tax people here, from my experience, are the most helpful people you can deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Fey! wrote:
    1) Immune from points
    2) Not easily traced by Gardai
    3) ...no, that's it, I'm out of reasons!

I'm thinking:

3) Provide a fake / family address in the UK to get cheaper insurance on a performance car
    4) Have a UK license to show the Gardai when they see a Golf GTi on UK plates

I'll have to keep an eye out for a UK registered GTi outside a certain take out place in Shankill from now on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think he's a professional assasin myself, his next target is The President of France.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    I think he's a professional assasin myself, his next target is The President of France.

Mike.

Well, he'll probably get away with it seeing as he'll have a GTi and 1st rate hand breaking skillz.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

I must watch that film again. Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

maidhc wrote:
    dre,

Tell me about it! Within in 5 secs I was able to got his picture:
    Guess01.gif

and his address:
    Dr. Dre
    c/o Aftermath Entertainment
    2220 Colorado Avenue
    Santa Monica CA 90404
    United States

@drdre: Perhaps your dad should go to the Gardai immediately and hand in one of his driving licenses. We all know his name, his home address and home phone number and all his business addresses now

I'm not joking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

eoin_s wrote:
    Well, he'll probably get away with it seeing as he'll have a GTi and 1st rate hand breaking skillz.

You're not up to date with the whole drdre tale at all eoin, he's getting a mini cooper s from the UK now !!!!!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51463583#post51463583
    (However he was too busy to read the "importing from uk" sticky himself so requested others PM him with the necessary info:rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You're not up to date with the whole drdre tale at all eoin, he's getting a mini cooper s from the UK now !!!!!
    (However he was too busy to read the "importing from uk" sticky himself so requested others PM him with the necessary info:rolleyes: )

Ah, the thick plottens!

Seems what is being schemed is the fake owning of a car in the UK followed by a false Transfer of Residence to avoid having to pay VRT. I hope this idiotic scheme is attempted, just to see it all end in tears when the car is seized by Revenue, and humungous financial penalties are demanded before it is returned. Cop-on seems to be sadly lacking with the OP.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

esel wrote:
    Ah, the thick plottens!

Seems what is being schemed is the fake owning of a car in the UK followed by a false Transfer of Residence to avoid having to pay VRT. I hope this idiotic scheme is attempted, just to see it all end in tears when the car is seized by Revenue, and humungous financial penalties are demanded before it is returned. Cop-on seems to be sadly lacking with the OP.

Nah, he's just doing it gansta rappa style esel !!

• Advertisement

Ah sorry, I was thinking of the thread where he was asking people to research questions he could have answered by checking the VW site, or made a phone call himself... Must have been someone else!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement