Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article] Students barred from exams over haircuts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Sonofagun_90

BMH wrote:
    EDIT:Just looking at the scan, it's a "quick synopsis", you can't expect everything to be there.It still says "look after your appearance" too.

Don't get me wrong, I think the principal is an ass for doing it, and has messed up your JC, but I still feel you did it for the laugh, just becuase you believed he wouldn't do anything.
    Yeah, but in my opinion my hair is ok. Its not untidy looking. Its not dirty. It wasn't done for the laugh. I knew he suspended us for it during the year but I believe it was the state that was in charge from yesterday onwards.
    I mean he obliged the state by letting his school be used as centres. Why does he still have a say?
    What about the students who aren't pupils? Who are just using our school as somewhere to sit their exam?

Piste wrote:
    Is your principal a spy?
    He's not right in the head.
    I am not blowing this up. Anyone, past or present, will actually back this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

He cycles around the yard everyday on the lookout for smokers. GET A LIFE! >:-( And stop suspending people for basically no reason.

Of course they put the good reviews up. They don't review half of the bad ones. He is a horrible horrible human being. Even in Offaly Rowing Club he throws his weight around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

He's not right in the head.
    I am not blowing this up. Anyone, past or present, will actually back this up.

I knwo what you mean. We have some crazy teachers around here who think their the dogs bollocks. Thankfully neither of them are the principal or vice principal. This right old bitch suspended my mate because he had a slit in pants and another time i got a weeks detention for writing in black biro instead of blue.

They should either get off their high horses on their own accord or else someo ne will shoot them down off of it one of these days.

• Advertisement

He suspended me because he saw my phone in my pocket.
    I'm seen as a "disruptive" student because i refuse to let him bully me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

They should either get off their high horses on their own accord or else someo ne will shoot them down off of it one of these days.

And what a day that will be..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Don't back down Sonofagun_90.

Stick it to the man!

Nothing wrong with a good tight haircut, low maintenance and tidy.

Whats the story now? Stick to your principles.

It's a state exam, and very little todo with the school in terms of regulation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

another time i got a weeks detention for writing in black biro instead of blue.

Jesus, and I thought my school was harsh :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Why cut your hair short when you know he'll freak out about it before you go in to sit your JC? Pointless teenage rebellion imho. For all the "I like having my hair short" (which I understand, I do it myself) you still have to conform to avoid this kind of bull**** be it in work or school. If you don't want to conform you have to expect this kind of ****.

I don't agree with what the principle did but I find what you guys did to be equally silly and pointless.

• Advertisement

Just saw the news report. McEvoy seems proud of his descision. Have you no student council for concerns like this?

Student council exist but would achieve more by banging their heads off a blackboard. I'll be sitting my C.S.P.E exam tomorrow afternoon in a special centre. Funny how McEvoy has backed down from No exams, to No exmas until monday... Now special exam centre. Butch isn't sitting his as far as I know as he already failed maths and Irish, as he missed today, and he flopped english yesterday, the 3 main subjects. He will repeat 3rd year in another school.

Nguh? You have to repeat third year if you fail a core subject?

I have a friend who was in hospital during her JC on consequently never sat it, she wnet straight into 5th year and is now sitting the Leaving this year.

Has he really thought it through?

I understand the moving school part but repeating? The JC isn't important to be honest, and if he repeats he'll be 16 doing it next year, which means he'll be 19 doing LC if he does TY.

Piste wrote:
    Jesus, and I thought my school was harsh :eek:

It's only my ****tard of a religion and irish teacher though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Piste wrote:
    I'd hit that ¬.¬
    Wildly underage!
    *rings police*

Never thought the Junior Cert mattered at all in that sense...

But still, I'd like my junior certificate.
    I've worked the past 3 years for this. The same for Butch.

It matters forcollege in the UK. And it's the most basic qualification you can get while you're legally obliged to be in education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Sonofagun- Post your English Pre Exam Papers.

That standard of writing could get an A in Higher Level. Then we can compare the handwriting and you'd have harder evidence.

oRlyYaRly wrote:

That standard of writing could get an A in Higher Level. Then we can compare the handwriting and you'd have harder evidence.
    He posted his signed form, what more is needed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

BMH wrote:

He's writing at a standard unkown to the "chav" (I can't spell the Irish version) world. Somethings suspicious.

BMH wrote:

Sorryz we need teh fingerprintz!

cháv?

or Skanger, Knacker, Skobe, Skobie, Scumbag?

Keep it in the English thread plxxx(just noticed the irony there)

Omg retina scann0rz!

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    He's writing at a standard unkown to the "chav" (I can't spell the Irish version) world. Somethings suspicious.
    Say it to my face tomorrow.
    I'll be in for C.S.P.E.
    Are you friends with me? Do you know me? Do you know I'm a chav? What the f*ck do you know about me?
    You're talking rubbish at the start of the thread... "OH MY GOD!!!! THATS MY SCHOOL!! i KNOW EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED!" Bullsh1t.

oRlyYaRly wrote:

Jesus, Your talents are wasted at the tec.
    Go join the F.B.I. They could do with the likes of you.

Jesus, Your talents are wasted at the tec.
    Go join the F.B.I. They could do with the likes of you.
    I love the way you don't know who he is, yet see him every day.

Do you plan on repeating?

Is it a he?

No I'm not repeating. So far I have sat all my exams.

• Advertisement

Is it a he?

No I'm not repeating. So far I have sat all my exams.
    Huh? I thought you couldn't sit the English papers?

Advertisement