Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish paper 1/listening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It was the second last 2 in that. 1 sec.

Edit:
    "Cén gradam a bronnadh air"
    &
    "Cár bronnach an gradam air"

Thought it was a bit weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Easiest irish tape test ever! I reckon I got nearly 100%!! The comprehensions were grand, I was even laughing at the making an offer he can't refuse bit and although the aiste topics were weird (particularly the one about soaps!) I did the speech on Timpeallacht which I got an A in from my teacher so I'm hoping for an A1 in paper 1! Paper 2 will probably drag it down to a C though! Big boost after I messed up my two best subjects English and Maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Bleh.. it was grand.. :) Except, I thought dioma meant nervous.. o_O then realised as I was leaving the exam room that it wasnt.. >_< I somehow think it fits in. >_>;;

The Leamthuiscints were easy.. About the 2nd question, they had Offeral next to the word... :) Tape work was REALLY easy, though I may have spelt some things wrong.. like I just said "Ionad do seandhuine" >_>;

****ting myself on paper 2, time for some rapid cramming.

Raphael wrote:
    It was the second last 2 in that. 1 sec.

Edit:
    "Cén gradam a bronnadh air"
    &
    "Cár bronnach an gradam air"

Thought it was a bit weird

They were totally different. The first one was person of the year (I think!) and the second one was a hotel in dublin (forgotten the name now!).

Really? I only got the second one, it just struck me as being really, really weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

yeah fr michael was person of the year!!!!!! he from gweedore in donegal!!!! hehehe we all dont sound like that boy talkin about ros na run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Irish was brill. My essay was dodgy but still solid enough. Comprehensions were piss. Couldn't believe it. Listening. Cuid A fogra a haon was the haredest. Missed an answer there. Just turned around and got the word dramaiocht from the guy behind me.

If i ever meet the guy who was talking about rus na run, im punching him in the face. He's made every tape test i ever did suck.

Raphael wrote:
    If i ever meet the guy who was talking about rus na run, im punching him in the face. He's made every tape test i ever did suck.

The way he said leathuair tar eis a deich was hilarious! I actually like the way he talks, he speaks very slowly!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

the whole tape test is just an advertisment for TG4 and RnaG

And Bono and Bob geldolf are always there too...

• Advertisement

I've heard him before, and his voice is just abusive imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Faerie wrote:
    The way he said leathuair tar eis a deich was hilarious! I actually like the way he talks, he speaks very slowly!

Yeah i had an aul giggle to meself about that alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

i got the qs on the hotel - the Burlington in Dublin
    he got the award for man of tir chonaill i tink. easy listenin, essay ans comps. hope p2 goes as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

^

It was actually the Burlington in Letterkenny. Yeah it was pearsa tír chonnaill ie donegal person of the year. I love being from Donegal the Northern Irish is played soooo slow. And btw southerners i had a giggle at the way you say deich. so ha. Unfortunatley I'm totally outnumbered here so I'll shut up now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Ordinary Level paper 1 was easy. Was finished at 3, so just had to wait around for the tape. Tape was piss easy, probably the easiest one I've ever done!! Got most of the questions right!

I'd say I did fairly well over all combining the oral, tape, paper 1. Just have to get paper 2 over with tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

im already laughing at the "scrudu na hardteistemearahta, dhá mhile is a Sé.." - damn it i love that bit.. then the annoying beep... and hte "CUID AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - leeeeeeeeigh anois go curamach..."

heheheee

oh i will miss that :D

fearcruach wrote:
    ^

It was actually the Burlington in Letterkenny. Yeah it was pearsa tír chonnaill ie donegal person of the year. I love being from Donegal the Northern Irish is played soooo slow. And btw southerners i had a giggle at the way you say deich. so ha. Unfortunatley I'm totally outnumbered here so I'll shut up now:)

Nooooooo Are you sure it was Letterkenny? I thought it was Baile Atha Cliath!!

Btw I did the speech, is there a special format for that? I just did A Dhaltai at the start and go raibh maith agat at the end, please tell me you don't have to talk about how happy you are to be speaking,etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

the damn northies in cuid c was the toughest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

:| wrote:
    the whole tape test is just an advertisment for TG4 and RnaG

lmfao you're right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

As soon as I found out 'tairiscint' means 'offer', it came to me. 'Give him an offer he can't refuse'. Pretty weird question nonetheless.

What's there to find out ? It said something like "ofráil" in brackets beside the word tairiscint. If that doesn't give the game away I don't know what does!

Also, I'm pretty sure he said Baile Atha Cliath not whatever the irish for letter kenny is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Tape was surpisingly easy.....thank fu.ck

But I did the the debate....No trust in the gardai
    It was crap but ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

NADA wrote:
    Irish was brill. My essay was dodgy but still solid enough. Comprehensions were piss. Couldn't believe it. Listening. Cuid A fogra a haon was the haredest. Missed an answer there. Just turned around and got the word dramaiocht from the guy behind me.

remember the Junior where your man didnt mind us all walking around talking before we handed them up. I was sitting behind Carolan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I thought that aural was rock hard! I'm so bad at aurals though..

I didn't get the letter done, couldn't understand the damn question!

I'm hoping I'll pass, went alright in the oral, but he brought me off to talk about boats (said I was going to Holland, innocent old man..) which is a hobby of mine, but I'd prepared computers, although had a little on boats, so that cominbed with a half decent paper one (bar letter) I'm hoping to scrape a pass..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Wez wrote:
    I thought that aural was rock hard! I'm so bad at aurals though..

I didn't get the letter done, couldn't understand the damn question!

I'm hoping I'll pass, went alright in the oral, but he brought me off to talk about boats (said I was going to Holland, innocent old man..) which is a hobby of mine, but I'd prepared computers, although had a little on boats, so that cominbed with a half decent paper one (bar letter) I'm hoping to scrape a pass..
    I thought I was the only one who did crap at the listening.Cuid C was a disaster for me

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Any chance anyone who has a copy of the paper could PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

Sorry Farie it was Dublin. I just realised. There isn't a Burlingtons in Letterkenny. I have no idea why i put that down. Godamm thats a really stupid mistake. :mad:

Any chance anyone who has a copy of the paper could PM me?
    It's on the examinstions.ie website already, you can check it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

What's there to find out ? It said something like "ofráil" in brackets beside the word tairiscint. If that doesn't give the game away I don't know what does!

I guess I'm slow. Wasn't really paying attention to the brackets.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Raphael wrote:
    It's on the examinstions.ie website already, you can check it there
    Cheers man. Hope you all got on well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

The answer was "ionad glao" or a call centre.

Advertisement