Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Economics

• 08-06-2006 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Whats everyone learnin for S+s????
    Im thinking lipids and proteins definatly... with maybe poverty and unemployment coming up in the elective...]

sooo want a high B in this exam!!!! need it!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

yeah that's very similar to what im doing......lipids,haem and non haem iron-CHD and components of managment ,family marriage and consumer studies is bound to prop up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

poverty is tipped to come up as it hasn't been up since the course started! come on poverty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

what s and s im learning lipis and protein for the first one and

im fuuuucked for th shorts Qs tho there a KILLER!!!!!!

scientific and social just name of book-
    i really dunno how i will do
    our mock paper was so weird our teacher said it was a fluck we got on so well, i got c2 in mock and i want to get at least c3 in it tomoro!!! keep these hints coming in they really help;)

but the short questions i never knwo ANY of them!!!!!!Is noone else in the same boat??!!

• Advertisement

but the short questions i never knwo ANY of them!!!!!!Is noone else in the same boat??!!
    i am!! absolutely hate them!!! the nutrition ones should be grand, but the others...

sq are a bitch but you just have bull****e them ...... i hate the ones where you have have formulae and enzyme subtrates, i always mix them up.....:mad:

oh microwave or fridge should prop up sum where they told me there at sum easter revision...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

sq are a bitch but you just have bull****e them ...... i hate the ones where you have have formulae and enzyme subtrates, i always mix them up.....:mad:

oh microwave or fridge should prop up sum where they told me there at sum easter revision...

Nah the microwave was up last year so my money is on the fridge.... definatly resource management cause that has not been up either has lipids or proteins, learn ur linking foods too though like meat, eggs and stuff and know calcium and maybe that will link in with milk or cheese (im just looking over that not learning it properly though)
    hmmm what about marriage????? i think something in resource management will link with the family.....
    consumer studies - know your acts definatly.... listen in to 2fm now at 8pm and see what they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Elective!!!!!

For some reason my teacher decides to be an a.rse and do home design and management.....shoul I give social studies a whack....how hard is it? Ordinary btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

do social studies its a breeze seriously..........

• Advertisement

do you have to learn social studys aswell as say financee??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

oh ye i'm fluckt. ther is about 50 chapters, where does one begin?

and ive only been doin it for 2 years, thought it would be interesting but that was a lie....

it would be interesting if the course was half the size...im focusing on 50 markers elective and Q 1...am dreading shorts eeek!!!!!!!

blahhh wrote:
    Elective!!!!!

For some reason my teacher decides to be an a.rse and do home design and management.....shoul I give social studies a whack....how hard is it? Ordinary btw

social studies isnt an elective?

social studies isnt an elective?
    there's the core and the elective part of social studies!! i havent looked at homec yet..i've been too busy doing irish!! hopefully that hour between my exams will be put to good use..here's for hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 moon5ine

yeah im learning poverty also but my teacher said vitamins is a highly possible question to come up.
    but guys seriosly is the mocked marked harder than the lc cause if so im
    fuuuuuuckked:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Nah the microwave was up last year so my money is on the fridge.... definatly resource management cause that has not been up either has lipids or proteins, learn ur linking foods too though like meat, eggs and stuff and know calcium and maybe that will link in with milk or cheese (im just looking over that not learning it properly though)
    hmmm what about marriage????? i think something in resource management will link with the family.....
    consumer studies - know your acts definatly.... listen in to 2fm now at 8pm and see what they say!

The papers are so unpredictable though, I was thinking I'd learn the microwave anyway seeing as it was part of the journal work.

I would love if marriage came up. Just finished revising the whole thing and it's so easy!!

Resource management...urgh:(

This is such a hard subject, if I could go back and choose again, I definitely wouldn't do this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 helen001

childcare hasnt come up in two years for elective.
    anyone else starting with their elective question first...worth alot of marks good to get it out of the way
    think i will leave short questions till very last,kind of threw me in the pre doing them first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

helen001 wrote: »
    childcare hasnt come up in two years for elective.
    anyone else starting with their elective question first...worth alot of marks good to get it out of the way
    think i will leave short questions till very last,kind of threw me in the pre doing them first

I'm starting with the two compulsory questions first and then doing the rest of the paper. I was thinking of leaving the short questions until last too since I could probably get them done is a shorter space of time if I found myself a bit stuck for it.

Advertisement