Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish (h) Paper 2

Options
  • 08-06-2006 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Predictions???????

I'm going to die a painful slow death tomorrow....I'm doing home ec too. pass though, not because honours is hard but GOD DAMN because all that irish and home ec in one day.........*tear*

I hate the education system............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Im banking on 'Oíche Nollaig na mBan' for the honours poetry! It better come up or I'm flucked!

Don't have a clue about anything else tbh!

All I'm learning for the Stair is Ruraíocht, Fhiannaíocht, Bealoidis(cause its connected with Cearrbhach Mac Caba), and the Aisling Polatúil(cause i have it learnt with Uirchill and Chreagáin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 niamhy101

Has anyone got any ideas what the hell is going to come up tomorrow? I haven't got a clue what i should study and theres way too much to do it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Learn Ruraiocht, Aisling Polatuil, Gaeilge sna Mean Cumarsaide, and Gaeilge mar teanga Ceilteach. Two of them will definately come up.
    I hope the An Triail question is ok, something to do with the charaters of Padraig and Bean Ui Cathasaigh or maybe Hypocrisy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Right, it's 19.44 as I write this. I have just done a surprisingly good paper 1, and a great listening. As well as a good oral. I have neglected Irish over the past... well... a long time, presuming I would never do particularly well. Now I have a paper 2 to study for in three hours. This a good choice to pull off an almighty fluke?

Poetry:
    (h) Uirchill an Chreagáin and Oíche Nollaig na mBan
    (o) An Gealt and Faoiseamh a Gheobhatsa

Short Stories:
    An Cearrbhach Mac Cába and An Bhean Óg

An Triail:
    Hypocrisy, Bean Uí Chathasaigh and Padraig

Stair:
    Rúraíocht, Fhiannaíocht, Gaeilge Mar Theanga Ceilteach, An Aisling, An Béaloidis.

Well it's too late to change my mind now. I just hope that **** on the ground of a paper 1 wasn't just to soften the blow for paper 2....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

That's pretty much what I'm going to study...after Veronica Mars though! I might have a look at clare sa speir too because it's easy and they might throw it in the first year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

what i'm thinking of doing

ord poems - Look over all of em, cos they're fairly easy

hons poems - Oíche Nollaig na mban
    Maigdileanna

Pros - Cearrbhach mac caba & an bhean og

Stair _ aisling and ruraiocht/finiocht.....dunno how to spell those....

An Triail...........I'll try wing it....

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

what section is worth the most?

blahh and attractive nun of going fairly much the same direction as ye! Say a prayer for Oíche Nollaig na bBan!

And by the way evryone if ye have done alright in paper1, the oral and the tape, paper2 is only worth about 20% so don't stress too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

They are all fairly low on paper two. I think it's an Trial or the alternatives.

NADA wrote:
    They are all fairly low on paper two. I think it's an Trial or the alternatives.

huh?

EDIT: oh never mind i understand now haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

deisedolly wrote:
    paper2 is only worth about 20% so don't stress too much!

30% almost 1/3 of the marks ;)

im surprised what people are studying for history, in my eyes there is 1 dead cert which yee have overlooked.

if i was a betting man i'd tip 'Dánta Grá and 'Meath na gaeilge'.

If I can do even 1 of the stairs I'll be very happy, it's only a small percentage anyway and its not like I'm looking for a flucking A or anything!!

lads, dánta grá hasn't been up since 2002.... it's over due.

meath na gaelige was up last year but rarely comes up, so i'd tip it again as they like to mix it up :mad:

If it was up last year I doubt it will come up again!

You think your some sort of physic now since your hardy prediction?? :D

Ruruaiocht or Fhiannaiocht come up every year, 1 didn't come up last year and there was war over it so it should come up this year! I'm not saying it definitly will but at this late stage that's what I'm going with!

deisedolly wrote:
    If it was up last year I doubt it will come up again!

You think your some sort of physic now since your hardy prediction?? :D

Ruruaiocht or Fhiannaiocht come up every year, 1 didn't come up last year and there was war over it so it should come up this year! I'm not saying it definitly will but at this late stage that's what I'm going with!

yes, i do think im a physic, i know dánta grá will be there :D you heard it here 1st people :) if it comes up im claiming all the praise again :p

meath is a gamble im going to take. your right about fhiannacht and ruraiocht, one of them will be there but im not too formiliar with them so i'll take a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

OK we were told waaaay different stuff to ye!!!

Fiche Blian ag fás and Clare sa Spéir(definate, never had a film on before)

Poetry: An Máthair, Oíche Nollag na mBan or Maigdeléana
    Gealt or Jack

An Triail: Máilí Máire Bean Uí Chatasaigh and Oibrí Sóisialta
    Reaction of the public.

Stair na Gaeilge: Ruraíocht Fiannaíocht Béaloideas Ogham An Gaeltacht agus Gaeilge sa Meáin Chumarsáide.

I've done **** all for this paper too fyi!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i think most off us are just betting on a few in each section...

although im worried bout the story one...like we have one definate and one choice isnt it??

i might de bhean og,cearrbhach and clare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Right, it's 19.44 as I write this. I have just done a surprisingly good paper 1, and a great listening. As well as a good oral. I have neglected Irish over the past... well... a long time, presuming I would never do particularly well. Now I have a paper 2 to study for in three hours. This a good choice to pull off an almighty fluke?

Poetry:
    (h) Uirchill an Chreagáin and Oíche Nollaig na mBan
    (o) An Gealt and Faoiseamh a Gheobhatsa

Short Stories:
    An Cearrbhach Mac Cába and An Bhean Óg

An Triail:
    Hypocrisy, Bean Uí Chathasaigh and Padraig

Stair:
    Rúraíocht, Fhiannaíocht, Gaeilge Mar Theanga Ceilteach, An Aisling, An Béaloidis.

Well it's too late to change my mind now. I just hope that **** on the ground of a paper 1 wasn't just to soften the blow for paper 2....

I agree except i dont think cearrbhach and bean og will both appear. My guess is cearrbhach, clare sa speir, fiche blian and la bui bealtaine (coz it was on dept samle pape)r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I think the question:

The plot is unbleiveable in an triaill will come up - it has never come up before!
    guys you cant realyl leave any of the pros out!i was looking at the sample paepr and they can ask a 2 quesions in either part a or b on a certain pro!! good luk!tnk god i did all my stair!FCuk its half nine!im pullin an all nighter!i want to do well in this paper i screwed up in math 1 H and I need irish for points now!tnk god paper one and oral went wel!fingers crossed!! uirchill an chreagain all d way!oh ye!

yeh im lackin sleep my whole post is all gobbldy glook enjoy! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

smemon wrote:
    yes, i do think im a physic, i know dánta grá will be there :D you heard it here 1st people :) if it comes up im claiming all the praise again :p

meath is a gamble im going to take. your right about fhiannacht and ruraiocht, one of them will be there but im not too formiliar with them so i'll take a risk.
    I going to take your word for it and do it now, I have faith in you :p:D

d4gurl wrote:
    I think the question:

The plot is unbleiveable in an triaill will come up - it has never come up before!
    guys you cant realyl leave any of the pros out!i was looking at the sample paepr and they can ask a 2 quesions in either part a or b on a certain pro!! good luk!tnk god i did all my stair!FCuk its half nine!im pullin an all nighter!i want to do well in this paper i screwed up in math 1 H and I need irish for points now!tnk god paper one and oral went wel!fingers crossed!! uirchill an chreagain all d way!oh ye!

yeh im lackin sleep my whole post is all gobbldy glook enjoy! :p

really??is there not always a character Q..i think oibri soisilta is due up..i might do him and padraig..but will that be safe:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MaeveMcL

was anyone else unaware (until tonight when i googled an triail) that there is a book of notes on the play??? seiously could have done with that knowledge when there was still time to buy the bloody book. now im ****ed. i heard on the radio that the question will be on maire generally...

Maire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wtf!!!!!!!

caesar wrote:
    I going to take your word for it and do it now, I have faith in you :p:D

ok, follow my lead :) but i am not responsible if/when you fail :D

may god have mercy on us tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

smemon wrote:
    ok, follow my lead :) but i am not responsible if/when you fail :D
    If i fail, you fail :D
    smemon wrote:
    may god have mercy on us tomorrow :)
    Hopefully.

omg it isnt going in...theres faaaaaaaaar to muuuch to learn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

MaeveMcL wrote:
    was anyone else unaware (until tonight when i googled an triail) that there is a book of notes on the play??? seiously could have done with that knowledge when there was still time to buy the bloody book. now im ****ed. i heard on the radio that the question will be on maire generally...
    i have the book of notes :) it's not that great tbh. anyways good luck everyone..i'm off to look over some more poems and my stair

that paper was diabolical :mad:

it is already the hardest paper on the leaving, and they just made it harder with nasty surprises everywhere.

i scraped 40% in that paper. dashing my hopes of a B overall. :mad:

stair backfired big time on me, i had learned 2 well and looked at 2 more - none came up :rolleyes: :mad:

we had only done 1 stair that had come up, so the finger can be pointed at our teacher too.

• Advertisement

Where was Oiche Nollaig Na mBan!!!! So much for the sure thing eh??
    an tOilean was the one i chose to avoid out of the 8 and of course that made an appearence! Had to BS my way through An Cead Dráma but wouldn't say i did very well! What the hell is the main theme eh? I just said it was 'saol i gcotinne'(life in general) I didn't have a clue tbh!

What's everyone elses feedback?

Advertisement