Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards UCD Summer Spectacular; Dates for Mischief

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

August Mon 14th - Wed 16th
    we could just do the free carlow version and head into a forest and throw rotten spuds at each other:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

August Fri 4th - Sun 6th
    Thought that was dinner time in Dundalk...

na us folk in the pale have us some good spuds:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

August Tue 2nd - Thur 4th
    Scraggs should respond with......

YEAH, ENGLISH SPUDS!!!

Too late honey, too late.

*shakes head*

So seriously, opinions on karting? Only thing is, it wouldn't really consume much of the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Paintball can be o so very very very expensive.
    Done this quite a few times, great fun but ya really need about 20 folks and to go on a weekday so you aint paying an arm and a leg.

Go-karting is well good but seeing as im undefeated it wouldnt be much of a competition ya know :p

• Advertisement

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Paintball can be o so very very very expensive.
    Done this quite a few times, great fun but ya really need about 20 folks and to go on a weekday so you aint paying an arm and a leg.

Go-karting is well good but seeing as im undefeated it wouldnt be much of a competition ya know :p
    Oh dear, now Owen's laid out a challenge... That's your first mistake buddy, your second would be gettin in a kart on the same race-track as moi, as it is sure to end in tears and humiliation for you :p

Regarding paintball, it's great craic, but as Owen said, it's really expensive. Most people spent over €100 the time I went! They really shaft you on the ammo, it's unreal... I ran out of bloody money too, as did most people, lol! They need to install more ATM's in the mountains :p

I'm up for either paintball or karting, just pointin out that paintball is fairly expensive.

Bring it on Dave ;)

Well weekdays in crossfire (i think) its like a fiver a head but extra ammo still costs like a tenner or more per pouch thingy. Least thats what it cost during the winter, may be more during the summer.

Did it once at the launch of some EA game where it was all paid for. Apparently we went through more ammo in one round then people usually do in an entire game. Was great not having to worry about the costs :D

yea karting would be cool, I'm terrible at it and very dangerous, actually managed to run OVER they guy I was racing, he'd a tyre mark up his back.

EDIT: but what would the girls do while us guys were driving??:)

I'm havin a look on www.topgifts.ie for more ideas -- WHAT ABOUT A MURDER MYSTERY WEEKEND?!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Never did that before!!! €225 though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Went karting last night; it's great fun with teams/groups...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

July Tue 25th - Thur 27th
    Looks like we're going on the 19th July, go karting would be great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

August Fri 16th - Sun 18th
    I'm willing to price a karting/paintballing/bowling spectacular for a group of about 20 if we could get that many?

Am I wrong in saying that they have all three at Funtasia in Bettystown? Anyone?

Not that good it seems

Just looked here
    http://www.funtasia.ie/sitemap.html

...and they only seem to have bowling :confused: And it seems to be more of a childrens' thing :p

I'm havin a look on www.topgifts.ie for more ideas -- WHAT ABOUT A MURDER MYSTERY WEEKEND?!?!?!?
    Went to one of these once as a kid. Parents seemed to enjoy it :p

Best place for karting is Kylemore near the redcow roundabout. They got a new track last year i been dying to try out. That said i dunno if this is the best idea for us all to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Lets all go to the cinema! We can have a picnic in Stephen's Green then trot down to the Savoy!

*Spot the sarcastic idea*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

August Fri 4th - Sun 6th
    Is it wrong that I actually like that idea?

oh and btw Firespinner, proper ladies don't trot:p

Scraggs wrote:

oh and btw Firespinner, proper ladies don't trot:p
    No, they curtesy till they almost fall out of their bodices, then get tumbled in the King's bedchamber.

We have lost so much to women's fib

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Scraggs wrote:

Nope, I like the sound of it too. I've only ever had good days pic-nic-ing in St. Stephen's Green. I say we go with fun and easy. It'll still be fun, and it'll be so easy to organise - people bring food and drinks, we all meet up at the entrance to the Green and then we all go to the cinema, selecting what we want to see from one of the papers while there.

I say let's do it!

I'm not up for that tbh... Pretty boring! I thought the idea was to do something different? It started off planning to go away for the weekend, and now it's turned into going to the cinema for a couple of hours!

• Advertisement

Pinicking nah!

How about we set up a different thread for the cinema idea? That way there is less chance of this trip ever happening as people (Grimes) can't say: "Oh but we did the cinema instead"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

August Fri 4th - Sun 6th
    How about we set up a different thread for the cinema idea? That way there is less chance of this trip ever happening as people (Grimes) can't say: "Oh but we did the cinema instead"

There will also be less of a chance of people (Grimes) saying "I dont care"

What? Please explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Picnic.... cinema...... you're taking the piss aren't ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Picnic.... cinema...... you're taking the piss aren't ya?

After that it's time for swimming!

Hows about we ask hulla to add a new poll for the activity, with the following on it...

1. Picnic and movie
    2. Karting
    3. Paintball
    4. Murder mystery weekend (big fan of this one, lol!)

...and some other things (suggestions?), and we just see which is the most popular option.

1. Picnic and movie
    2. Karting
    3. Paintball

picnic and a movie is a date, that is all.
    karting would be cool but I don't know if everyone would be up for it*Imagines elmyra coasting around the track very safely at 5mph:)
    same goes for paintballing, it's prob a bit more expensive and more hastle, couldn't go straight from it to beers cuz you'd be filthy and sweaty.
    murder mystery weekend is way way out of my price range, I could fly half way round the world and back for that!
    well that my opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

After that it's time for swimming!

and then go for some icecream!!1!1!1!!
    DaveMcG wrote:
    Hows about we ask hulla to add a new poll for the activity, with the following on it...

1. Picnic and movie
    2. Karting
    3. Paintball

...and some other things (suggestions?), and we just see which is the most popular option.

5. set absolutely ****efaced on a pub crawl around Dublin. *

* that is the winner, any other result and I'll start a much feared revolution!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

and then go for some icecream!!1!1!1!!

Cool! Right, I'm going to start a new thread to decide what flavour we'll all have. We can have strawberry, mint, chocolate or vanilla...

Advertisement