Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Round 1 The Challenge

Options
  • 08-06-2006 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Okay its well before ten but seeing as you have two days to do this task it dosnt matter.

For the first round I dont think It'll be internet based but its easy enough. The Challenge is Take a picture of a red car. You can post your red car on this thread and include at least one bodypart so we know the image isnt googled.

• Most people have camera phones or digital cameras at this stage so it shouldnt be a problem
    • Please dont include the reg plate , Use MS Paint as an easy way of smudging it
    • For free webhosting go to http://www.photobucket.com/
    • You have 2 days to do it, wouldnt really be interesting if you could just google the answer now could it?;)
    • Hopefully the vote on Saturday - Monday will revolve around who took the best and most daring picture
    • Dont ruin the game by googling "Red+Car+Giblets" cause if the picture is discovered online then your out and must suffer shame and beatings

The Entries for this challenge will close at 2200 hrs on Sat 10th June any entires posted after this time will not be counted should the thread not be locked at ten o clock.

I hope you all have fun with the challenge.

The Grimenator

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Apologies I couldn't upload my photo on boards the file was too big here's the link on my bebo to the photo for this challenge.
    Toyota Corolla 2002

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PhotoAlbumId=111475896&PhotoId=1043862176

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Roffles Chakar you legend

So I take it its "kosher"

EDIT: Cheers for the legend comment anyhow Grimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

94-D Polo with my finger in the background. I took it from my window, it's outside.
    Image023.jpg

I can do something more daring but I'll see what other people come up with first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

lol at the finger Pythia!

Funny how one day all you see is red cars then when you need one there are none anywhere:( I'll keep searching..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I demand these red cars have a race!

Preferably with blue ones.... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Ok...these are my efforts. I'm posting two cos the first one might not be allowed since it's a picture of me with a red car but taken by my cousin...the red car owner.

The second one however is clearly a winner cos I was drivin' behind this woman on the tallaght bypass coming back home today in absolutely crawling traffic and waited until she was looking her rearview mirror to take it...so basically I scared the crap outta her cos it looked like I was taking a clip of the reg to report her or somethin'...and then she changed lanes so I had to drive along beside her for a further 20 minutes while awkwardly looking away...all in the name of Boards Survivor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

Hope da handbrake was on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Ok I know this seems like I'm ripping off pythia, but I didn't see hers til, well bout a minute ago...

God thats too far away!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

hullacar.jpg
    I got this yesterday. It's tricky enough to find a red car in the country!

Well, it isn't really, but it's tricky to find one that you can take a picture of without making people nervous!

What an expert smudging job I did.

Omg was it rainin' in the country? The weather was freakin' lovely yesterday! Poor hulla!

/me votes for hulla.

It's a nostalgia thing, that's kinda like my old micra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Chakar wrote:
    God thats too far away!!

I've said it before + I'll say it again, no PC at the mo, stuck with poxy laptop that u can't install software on (parent's work laptop bla bla...). Had to text it to my e-mail, which was grand, but could't edit the pic on the laptop + had to use tiny version of pic so as not to show the reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

well here's my attempt, pretty poor but you try taking a photo of someone elses car in a carpark in dundalk!!My arm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

oh and are the entries ranked in case of a draw or is it just the best and the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Doh! if only I had a camera, i'd take a photo of the bright red Ferrari about 10 mins from my house.

Image0352ejpgmsgMSG1149960200.jpg
    I got caught taking it so this makes it a little bit daring at least!!

Its in tesco's btw... I've another one of a real car if it doesnt count!

Hehe. I considered doin' that too! Nice one!

Okay the deadline is over so no more entries now time for some locky lock.

Dude, people will get round to doing these things without prompting. Chill.

• Advertisement

elmyra wrote:
    Dude, people will get round to doing these things without prompting. Chill.

What did I say something, mortally offensive relax yourself I'm just saying as Hullaballoo might be around to lock the thread.

Did I count wrong or did only seven peeps enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

And so marks the end of round 1

Ill put the poll up tomorrow cause im just in from work where one bloke said he would kill me and another wealthier D4 man said he'd ruin my life... and I was only trying to be nice. Night Night Peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Ah work can be a bitch sometimes - but don't mind them Grimes, they'll just grow up to be bitter and alone :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement