Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The stupid answer books

Options
  • 08-06-2006 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

this does my nut in.

why the hell aren't they self-seal?? have to lick the stupid yolks and even still they don't close and keep popping open.

this is the bloody leaving cert, everything should be perfect. ive better things to be at than licking envelopes shut. unnacceptable in this day and age :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i have to say.i dont think any of mine have stayed closed.i probably didnt slobber enough on them.ew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

They seal fine for me. and If they were self sealing, wouldn;t they stick to each other in the piles?

Hehe...I typed self-sealing as self-stealing there =p

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

no because u would have a plastic strip over the sticky bit./

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i hate having to lick them!! a junior cert gave herself a nasty papercut today...poor thing!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

For ours u just peel of a cover strip then close the flap over.... self sealing..

than again, none of you go the elite schools...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Raphael wrote:
    They seal fine for me. and If they were self sealing, wouldn;t they stick to each other in the piles?

no, as you could place a removable strip of plastic over the sticky bit.

if this was america, we'd have self seal envelopes :mad: bloody government trying to save a few bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Shrimp wrote:
    For ours u just peel of a cover strip then close the flap over.... self sealing..

you have a cover strip??!!! not fair!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

hehe you lickers. i stragecially spill a few drops of water from my bottle onto the table and use that :D

and they stay closed, oh yeeeeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

im ****ing well bringing in cellotape tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

you have a cover strip??!!! not fair!!!
    yeah it's a sticker like... u pull it away then it's sticky, then u flap over the....... flap...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Use blood muhahaha

''My sweat and blood went into that paper''

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Tbh I like the sealing thing, adds the sense of finality. Although they don't taste too good XP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I haven't sealed any of mine. The superintendant can do it for me, last thing I need to be doin is licking my ****ing answer book. Can't stand licking envelopes or anything like that, it does my head in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

yeah ours are have the sticky seal though so far iv handed the job over to the superintendent...... come what else has he to do........

im at the front and the room is huge with my whole year and he stays at the front all the time reading exam guidelines and looking out my window ... it would be so easy for about 20 rows behind me to cheat i think......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

I really dont see what all the fuss is about. You have to lick a page, it takes about 3 seconds, and leaves a neutral taste....big freakin' deal.
    Surely there are more important things you should be worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I don't like it much either but I just dip my finger into my water bottle and do it that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

And why does it instruct you to "gum the paper shut", what the hell does that mean? Very confusing altogether. On the first day I didn't know how you were supposed the close them, nobody else seemed to be licking them so I felt like a right twat. I'll blame that on my sub-par maths paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

mang87 wrote:
    im ****ing well bringing in cellotape tomorrow

haha legdn! good idea

Inglorious wrote:
    Surely there are more important things you should be worried about.

it's like saipan all over again........ no balls, no kit....no lucozade energise bottles...."this is not what i trained my balls off for all season" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Shrimp wrote:

here hold on, shouldnt we all have the same ones? seeing as they're provided by the sec, and not the school....

Do you get a better marking scheme as well?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

whats the point of them anyway...if someone wants to tamper with them..they simply peel away the flap and use pritt stick to seal it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ballyarse

ha ha ha everyone our examiner does it for us he tells us not to seal it just to leave it on the desk when we're done :D

ballyarse wrote:
    ha ha ha everyone our examiner does it for us he tells us not to seal it just to leave it on the desk when we're done :D
    Must be some sort of fetish he has ;)

''ye can close the door behind ye when ye're leaving''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

ThrownAway wrote:

ROFL, that's hilarious, ya mad b*stard!

bastardess ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

The JC ones tasted nicer

these ones are nasty

I don't think the taste of anything :eek:

Maybe I lost my sense of taste you could always spit on your fingers to avoid the whole horrificness of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

ThrownAway wrote:

lol

I don't mind sticking it.. Just like sticking skins.. :P

ThrownAway wrote:

ha ha, you could take advantage of that situation. it would involve either double sided cellotape or clear glue :D

• Advertisement

smemon wrote:
    ha ha, you could take advantage of that situation. it would involve either double sided cellotape or clear glue :D

:) I'd love to see the look on his face It'd break his heart

Advertisement