Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The stupid answer books

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

smemon wrote:
    ha ha, you could take advantage of that situation. it would involve either double sided cellotape or clear glue :D
    I'd go with the glue, super glue :D Ha i think this is one for the dares thread. You'd have to do it on your last day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

A good trick I learned during the Junior, there's a large accumulation of slobber just under your tongue, so stick you finger into that and rub it along the strip a couple of times, works like a charm. I used to feel like a right twat picking up the book and licking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Sofaspud wrote:
    A good trick I learned during the Junior, there's a large accumulation of slobber just under your tongue, so stick you finger into that and rub it along the strip a couple of times, works like a charm. I used to feel like a right twat picking up the book and licking it.

Ew...

I love closing them up, gives me that "yessss im finished" kinda feeling!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

JC ones taste quite nice.

I don't get the "Yesss I'm finished" feeling though, it more of a slow "realisation that you skipped a question by accident and now it's to late kind" of feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Shrimp wrote:
    For ours u just peel of a cover strip then close the flap over.... self sealing..

than again, none of you go the elite schools...

If this is a legit post, then there's a problem.

Students are not allowed to use any answer books which are not supplied by the superintendent - and the SEC (State Examinations Commission) do not supply self-seal answerbooks. (Its actually in the rules and regulations). If you've used anything else, you could be in danger of not being given marks or of losing them.

The only thing that the SEC supply which is self-sealing are the envelopes used to send back the completed answer books.

I know this because I am a superintendent.

BTW, I agree that self-sealing answer books should be supplied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

oooooh Shrimps in trouble.... ;)

does noone else just use water?
    i havent licked one of them in my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Rockerette wrote:
    oooooh Shrimps in trouble.... ;)

does noone else just use water?
    i havent licked one of them in my life!
    Aren't you just a little bit curious?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

In my school all the answer books seem the same. Most have to be wet and sealed but some have a plastic thing on them which you peel off and underneath it's sticky. Since sticking and licking papers are the same besides that my guess is that they all started with the self-sealing bits but most fall off during the transport to the schools. If I do get one that has to be wet, I just lick my finger and use that. I don't lick my answer books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Shrimp wrote:
    For ours u just peel of a cover strip then close the flap over.... self sealing..

than again, none of you go the elite schools...

My hole

Both for the self-sealing comment and the "elite" schools comment

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

PFft.. mine are probably all open by now.. :) I usually am in a rush to close them, even if I'm finished half an hour before the exam, I sit around with my paper, just incase divine inspiration hits me. Sometimes I'm all alone, wasting the examiners precious time. :) Ah well, I got a lot of irish corrected today..

• Advertisement
Advertisement