Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm2007 More stuff

Options
  • 08-06-2006 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Sports Interactive's preparing Football Manager 2007 for release this Christmas, and aims to deliver over 100 new features across PC, Mac, Intel Mac, Xbox 360 and PSP.

New features include setting up feeder clubs, a revamp of the youth team structure, an easier to use default skin, reworked team talks (including pre-match team talks), and manipulation of the media to address your own players - and also to try and unsettle star players at other clubs around the world with a few words of pointed admiration.

SI says it's been focusing on fan feedback for the Xbox 360 version too, helping it to deliver a user interface that offers a joypad-friendly alternative to the PC without sacrificing the game's noted depth.
    Advertisement

Meanwhile, PSP title Football Manager Handheld will have more playable leagues, features, and network play - something absent from the first game, which came out earlier this year.

With the role of feeder clubs and the media's place in "tapping up" rows under greater scrutiny in today's football world, both features are likely to whet the appetites of FM fans keen to adopt the tactics of Wenger, Mourinho and others.

Feeder clubs will work as you might expect, says SI, allowing you to establish your small team as one that receives loan players from larger clubs or, if you're already on the big stage, to set yourself up to farm youngsters out to gain match experience. You'll have first-option on feeder club players in that case, as well as the option to schedule friendlies - you just ask your board for a feeder relationship and choose from the list compiled.

Meanwhile, player interaction through the media will allow you to praise your own players or hand down harsh rebukes, but it's the potential to make deliberately worded comments about world stars that's likely to tickle most football fans - particularly after enduring sagas like the one involving Ukranian star Shevchenko, who eventually joined Chelsea this summer after spending more than a year playing hard to get in the press.

Elsewhere, revamped youth teams now have full squads, offering a much better system for regeneration of players in the long-term game, SI says, while scouting offers more information on players and teams - with what's described as a more realistic methodology for player-scouting.

Naturally SI plans to reveal a lot more between now and Christmas, and managing director Miles Jacobson claims FM 2007 will offer the developer's "most authentic football experience yet" - paying particular attention to the new skin and its associated benefits.

"There will be a new, easy to use default skin, as well as improved hints and tips throughout the game. More in-depth feedback from your assistant manager and coaches, plus interaction with any player worldwide makes this an unmissable and very user friendly experience, and our best football game by a country mile," he said.

Expect more on FM 2007 in the coming weeks and months.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65396

this is the good one yeah?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

This is the good one alright.
    Sounds promising. To be honest, I would probably buy the new installment if there were few new developments at all! It's merely habit now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

"most authentic football experience yet"

They say that every year... and they're never feckin wrong! :D

Sounds class!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

i can imagine the system specs needed to run all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

sounds great, now form a que

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Lets hope they this one fun fm2006 was awful imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

bizmark wrote:
    Lets hope they this one fun fm2006 was awful imho
    Why do you think this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

shoutman wrote:
    Why do you think this?

it just lost the fun factor for me compered to the older fm and cm game's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

bizmark wrote:
    it just lost the fun factor for me compered to the older fm and cm game's

Fair enough, I thought that just because there wasnt any big additions it was just like playing an updated version of an older game, fm2007 looks very promising though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

sounds very good alright! with the very few changes they made to FM2006 they kinda had to make some big changes in 2007 to keep people interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Loved fm05 played it so much. Have not played FM06 all that much either after buying it. Dont know why it might be the fun factor and more of the same thing as Fm05.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Finally! They're updating the scouting system, thank Christ for that it was awful before!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Oh boy, I just looked at these screenshots . The player interaction looks just great. I know what Santa will get me for X-mass! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Football Manager(and formerly Championship Manager) and Pro Evo come out around the same time and I buy both every year and every year I don't regreat it.......not even for a second . The game will be good , they always are .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Anyone here doing research for FM07?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

FM07 looks amazing been looking for those screenshots for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'm really going to need to get a new pc if I've any chance of running this in a decent way.

any idea what the minimum specs will be to run it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Can anyone post a few screenshots for people who have firewalls filtering out games realted websites? :(

DRakE wrote:
    Can anyone post a few screenshots for people who have firewalls filtering out games realted websites? :(

i'm in the same boat!! some screen shots would be nice alright!?

Screenshots 1-5

• Advertisement

Screenshots 6-10

Screenshots 11-15

Screenshots 16-20

Screenshots 21-23

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Quality, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Looking good, time to get rid of my copy of CM 99/00. :)

thanks for the screen shots!! its looking promising!! i think it may be on my letter to Santa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I have the beta version of FM07 have to so I like the layout of it and the design(ie graphics) of it. But I got bored of it because of the data in the game was 6 months old so I sold all of my good players and signed players who wer in there 35+ just to see how I wud do. It didnt go to well lets just say I lost my job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

where did u get that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think you have to sign up on the Sports Interactive forum as a beta tester and hope you are one of the lucky ones to get to try it out. I don't think its available to anyone else.

Advertisement