Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gillette Razors

• 08-06-2006 7:37pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or are those gillette mach 39 turbo boost nitro ditro razors nothing more than an overpriced gimmick! I got the ntro recently and me armpits look no more smoother than shaved with the aul BIC disposable razor special!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I find the M3 Power gives me a great smooth shave. Definitely better over 1 stroke. But I shave my face with my razor.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Gilette Fusion ftw, got one the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Wilkinson's Word Quattro evah.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think I may have been using the same disposable Gillette razor for the last five years. Oh dear.

Perhaps I should consider an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

armpits?? crazy fool.

bic disposables for teh win

• Advertisement

18AD wrote:
    Wilkinson's Word Quattro evah.

Tried one of those, but the spece between the 4 blades gets clogged with stubble too easily. In the ****ing bin with it! IN THE BIN! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

bought a pack of 8 mach 3 about 18 months ago. i have one left.
    i honestly only need to shave once every 7-10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Save money. Use the lid of a freshly opened bean tin. The bean 'juice' can be used as a tasty lubricant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Save money. Use the lid of a freshly opened bean tin. The bean 'juice' can be used as a tasty lubricant
    Sharp little frvckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved to Fashion/Appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

faceman wrote:
    I got the ntro recently and me armpits look no more smoother than shaved with the aul BIC disposable razor special!!

Er, silly question, but since when did guys start shaving their armpits in this country?

Er, silly question, but since when did guys start shaving their armpits in this country?

Yesterday. Didn't you get the memo?

I want a straight razor myself. They are very pricey but then I realised they work out cheaper than normal ones over quite a short period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

nesf wrote:
    Yesterday. Didn't you get the memo?

Nope. Damn Metrosexuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

I tried the Mach 3 and the Wilson Protector but ended back with my old Sensor Excel. I prefer the shave and the blades are a lot cheaper then the Mach 3 ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Has anyone noticed that you can't get plain old razors like gillette sensor anymore! you can get excel sensor plus etc.

This is just a ploy by the makers to make money off selling overpriced pieces of metal with B/S gadgets that are hard to prove work!

nesf wrote:
    I want a straight razor myself. They are very pricey but then I realised they work out cheaper than normal ones over quite a short period of time.

Yeah, I went through a period of that, even had my straight razor picked out... but then, I was told by someone who used them not to go for it. You get a great shave if you use it properly, but it's much much easier to nick the skin.. plus, you have to use a leather strop to sharpen the blade, and oil the blade etc. Think I'll just use the safety razors and splash out on a turkish shave when I'm on hols! :)

Kernel wrote:
    Yeah, I went through a period of that, even had my straight razor picked out... but then, I was told by someone who used them not to go for it. You get a great shave if you use it properly, but it's much much easier to nick the skin.. plus, you have to use a leather strop to sharpen the blade, and oil the blade etc. Think I'll just use the safety razors and splash out on a turkish shave when I'm on hols! :)

I don't know, the whole old skool charm and skill involved appeals to me on some levels. Been thinking about it for ages really, but might actually get around to doing something about it at some point. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Ruu wrote:
    Gilette Fusion ftw, got one the other day.

FTW??

Where did you get it?? I've been looking for one, but nowhere seems to stock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

gillo wrote:
    FTW??

Where did you get it?? I've been looking for one, but nowhere seems to stock it.
    Maybe they only have them in the states at the moment.

I got the Gilette Mach3 Nitro recently and couldn't be happier, have gotten a great shave every time though having to shave at least every second day, the cost of blades does tend to mount (have been using Mach3 for years now).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

Gilette Mach3 Nitro for me too... I think lol. The green one that vibrates?

I use an electric shaver though

Advertisement