Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke park concert ticket rant!

Options
  • 08-06-2006 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi I'm living near Croker and as a resident of the area only found out last night on the news(radio) that people had to queue on a 1st come 1st served basis at croker fo tickets for Robbie Williams, but we wern't informed, no note through the letter box or anything, unlike the U2 concert for which we were notified and a fair raffle was done for all the residents with Proof of Address in the area. I'm annoyed about the way the residents were dealt with. one poor guy lived with his parents in the area for 40 odd years, had no bill in his name and couldnt get a ticket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's a pain in the ass all right but there's obviously a group of people on commities or whatever who know full well how to get the free tickets! Also why the crap do you have to q or call to croker during the week during the day- some of us work etc?! For the U2 thing we got the letter less than 24hrs before you had to go to croker but u2 aren't my thing so thats was ok! :D Oh well... Does anybody know what time Clonliffe will be closed tomorrow - i'm trying to figure out the best time to leave work before the traffic goes mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

anybody...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Hope you escaped ok from Clonliffe. The crowds heading into town were fierce after concert. I think the timing was insensitive as some people have exams etc. (i dont)

Advertisement