Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Auction

Options
  • 08-06-2006 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hey

Can anyone help me out
    I have a few qusetions

Are the Garda Car Auctions any good?
    Where are they held?
    What types of cars are on offer?
    What price frame would I be looking at?

And when the next one is one

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Merlin Car Auctions regularly includes Garda Vehicles.

(Do you intend to buy an ex Garda car or vehicles which have been confiscated, impounded, stolen etc.?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I think www.wilsonsauctions.com also do, though I may be wrong.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Are the lights and illuminous stickers included?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

stay away from ex garda cars I think I've crashed most of them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Confisted cars I think, ex garda cars I dont think they are my thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just take the lights and stickers off and go around like the Blue Brothers, but not a cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just take the lights and stickers off and go around like the Blue Brothers, but not a cool.
    :D I'd assume though that all the equipment (lights and stickers included) would be removed prior to sale? Otherwise people would be buying them and shooting down bus lanes/parking illegally etc :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I remember when they auctioned off a load of An Post vans they left the stickers on. Presume they'd take them off the Garda cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    :D I'd assume though that all the equipment (lights and stickers included) would be removed prior to sale? Otherwise people would be buying them and shooting down bus lanes/parking illegally etc :p

I know a few guys in Cork City have ex-city council pick ups with the livery still in place. They have been parking about the place randomly for a while now and are getting away with it fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

• Advertisement
Advertisement