Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting - June 19th

Options
  • 08-06-2006 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Nerd007

OK, so i know we've got over a week left to study for accounting but if your f***ed like me then you'll appreciate any help people can offer!

Please help me!!!! I need a B, possibly even an A because I did so bad in HL Maths today (praying for an easy paper 2)! Got a C3 in the mock and my teacher thinks im going to fail.

Predictions, Tips, Anything! You'll save my life! (Then you've done your good deed for today!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i got like 15% in my mocks in accounting... am i ****ed? or you think theres any hope with the 5 days off before the exam to study?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

The good thing about accounting is the questions don't vary so if you do previous exam questions you'll be grand.
    I'm predicting:
    Company Accounts (well maybe sole trader too but they're very similar anyway!)
    Interpretation
    Cash Flow
    Tab/Suspense
    Marginal Costing

Marginal Costing is simple if you use the formula:
    sales-variable costs-fixed costs=profits and then do all the questions using algebra.
    Also if you've done the question ones make sure and know the company and sole trader - they are 120 marks after all!

Hope I helped at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

interpretation is guaranteed

dont like it myself though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Nerd007

is there any chance at all that manufactoring will come up?? i really hope not! if they did its just really mean and they want us all to fail!

im not doing that ratio question 'cos we've never done it in class! cash flow im gettin better at! its the tabular and suspense that im truely f***ed for! will suspense come up as a 60 marker or 100 marker do u think? im trying to narrow down my study! i have 5 days before the exam as well which is such a blessing! i just really hate accounting - can't wait to see the back of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Nerd007 wrote:
    is there any chance at all that manufactoring will come up?? i really hope not! if they did its just really mean and they want us all to fail!

im not doing that ratio question 'cos we've never done it in class! cash flow im gettin better at! its the tabular and suspense that im truely f***ed for! will suspense come up as a 60 marker or 100 marker do u think? im trying to narrow down my study! i have 5 days before the exam as well which is such a blessing! i just really hate accounting - can't wait to see the back of it!
    Suspense as 100 marks is only adding a balance sheet to it,which is basically copying the one you're giving with fixed numbers.

Revluation is a lkely 60marks.

• Advertisement

DonaldDuck wrote:
    Suspense as 100 marks is only adding a balance sheet to it,which is basically copying the one you're giving with fixed numbers.

ah ok... so i might study final accounts (company and sole - they're kinda the same anyway), suspense, tabular, cashflow, marginal, cash budgeting and flexible (the section C questions im ok in though and the budgeting ones are pretty simple once you get the hang of them)

do you think im well covered by that???

Id learn club accoutns if youre not doing interpretation,risky guessing 3 for question B,when Id say 2 of those 3 will come up as 60

so ill do club accounts as well... cant be too hard??????

which do u think will come up as 60 markers?

Nerd007 wrote:
    so ill do club accounts as well... cant be too hard??????

which do u think will come up as 60 markers?
    Id sa either cashflow or tabular will be a 60.And theres a chance suspense could be as well.Clubs tend to come up every 2 years,and they werent up last year.

The topics im covering are:
    Revaluation
    Suspense
    Cashflow
    Tabular
    Interpretation(just incase,i dislijke this question)
    Clubs(And incomplete recordss/service firms because I picked those up easily in class)
    Marginal costing
    Cash budgeting

I thought my mock was a good idea of what the paper will be:
    60markers:
    Reval
    Suspense
    Cash

100marks:
    Interp
    Tabular
    Clubs

80marks:
    Marginal costing with % of sales
    Cash budgeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I got an A1 in the mock so i'm pretty confident. Just learn the final accounts and interpretation and you're sorted for passing anyway. Then the rest is pretty easy to pick up marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

It's unhealthy that I love Accounting so much, I don't even consider it study :D

I really hope Incomplete doesn't come up, but I feel this year to be the most unpredictable ever as so much is due up and they've a new head person :(

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

DonaldDuck wrote:

Depreciation is more likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

Im hoping for:

Q1 Company

Q5 Interpretation
    Q6 Club
    Q7 Incomplete (the one you work out from the end to the top)

Q8 Marginal Costing
    Flexible Budgeting

:| wrote:

not really...
    it was there last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

willowmegs wrote:
    Im hoping for:

Q1 Company

Q5 Interpretation
    Q6 Club
    Q7 Incomplete (the one you work out from the end to the top)

Q8 Marginal Costing
    Flexible Budgeting

club and incomplete? I wish....doubt it though!
    Hopefully I'll be eating my words....

:| wrote:
    Not at all...Depreciation came up last year,and they switch every year so its revaluations turn

Advertisement