Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

net cafe WoW

Options
  • 08-06-2006 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

hi i work in a net cafe and we are thinking of gettin the game and installing it on the machines.

what way does regrestation work, will everyone who signs up in the net cafe need a cd key?

any help appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Because WoW is 100% online, technically there is no purchase required to actually install the game. A key is provided with the game, but this is the user's own personal key - you just happen to get a set of game discs with it.

Simply get a copy of the discs (find someone who has them, or buy your own if you want to play). You won't be prompted for key when you install - users use their own account details to play the game. Users can't sign up to the game from your cafe, unless they buy their own copy of the game.

So in theory, it's free for you to install....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Actually, I'm wrong.

The EULA states
    Licensor hereby grants, and by installing the Game Client you thereby accept, a limited, non-exclusive license and right to install the Game Client for your personal use on one (1) or more computers which you own or which are under your personal control.
    I think you'll need to contact Blizzard about a site licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'd say contact Blizzard aswell about it, see what they say.

But people won't be able to play WoW without their own account, which they have to pay their own monthly fee for. So they need a copy of the game or a trial key (which they can then turn into a full one).

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭poggy

thanks guys have not got around to playing the game my self, so info was very helpfull.

will contact blizzard and see what they say.

Advertisement