Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms Cert refusal

Options
  • 08-06-2006 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

My local Sergeant phoned today to say he had heard from the Superintendent regarding my .223 application. The super said 2 rifles should be enough for me!

the 2 I have are a .22 and a 6.5x55 for I use for deer. I am also a member of a rifle club.

My reason for getting the .223 was fox control and target shooting.

What do I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Explain to him all your reasons and why the other calibres are not suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Talk to him face-to-face, explain what you want and why. Explain how it's like golf - you have more than one golf club for different ranges; same for rifles. And if he insists on the refusal even then, request the reason for the refusal in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Ring and ask if you can have a chat with the superintendent.
    Give him your reason why you need a .223 and explain to him that the other 2 Calibers are not suitable.

If you have a valid reason to own the .223, he cant refuse you.Target shooting and fox control, are a good reason.
    As a matter of interest, what district is your Superintendent in?

Keelan.

If you have a valid reason to own the .223, he cant refuse you.
    Actually, he can - it's just that it's most unlikely to be upheld in court should you take it that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Sparks wrote:
    Talk to him face-to-face, explain what you want and why. Explain how it's like golf - you have more than one golf club for different ranges; same for rifles. And if he insists on the refusal even then, request the reason for the refusal in writing.

Must remember this !!
    Very well put Sparks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

terrier has 223 posts (at the time of this post) weird

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Vegeta wrote:
    terrier has 223 posts (at the time of this post) weird

:D:D:D

Terrier wrote:
    Must remember this !!
    Very well put Sparks! :D
    I'd love to take credit for it Terrier, but the metaphor was jaycee's creation! (I don't play golf :D )

Advertisement