Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving DVD Recommendations

• 08-06-2006 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

Any one got any recommendations for good Diving DVD's or Films that have a diving slant, My few off the top of my head

Into The Blue
    The Deep
    Wreck Dectectives (mmm Miranda :D )

Also any instructional stuff would be usefull!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭nitroboy

theres also "The Abyss":
    Liquid breathing: "We use this stuff when we want to go deep. How deep? Really deep!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

nitroboy wrote:
    The Abyss:
    Liquid breathing

Just a boring point of interest but that stuff was actually real, the US navy used it to great effect but and its a big but, the divers died of secondary dorwning because the forget to take/clear (or couldn't) the stuff out of their lungs afterwards!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭nitroboy

Thats mad, cause I read that it would'nt work as our lungs are not powerful enough to inhale and exhale a liquid fast enough to get rid of waste gas!! (CO2 that is) where did you hear about it being used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

nitroboy wrote:
    theres also "The Abyss":
    Liquid breathing: "We use this stuff when we want to go deep. How deep? Really deep!"

How could i have forgotten that!

also 20000 Leagues Under the Sea

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Wreck Dectectives (mmm Miranda :D )

Into the blue (mmm Jessica Alba :D )

In fact the camera man seemed to be focused on her for the entire movie, apart from that it was crap:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

nitroboy wrote:
    Thats mad, cause I read that it would'nt work as our lungs are not powerful enough to inhale and exhale a liquid fast enough to get rid of waste gas!! (CO2 that is) where did you hear about it being used.

I was talking with a guy who used to be a sat diver, told me that when they were diving they were inventing the way commerical diving is now done, eg procedures, gases etc but he also told me that the US were doing some pretty crazy sh*t too and that there were trying out this brethable liquid gel stuff but to no avail!! crazy stuff

Advertisement