Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Phone, what do i do??

• 08-06-2006 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hiya,
    Just got back from town to discover that I've lost my phone! Wasn't on the piss or anything, but I walked about 2 miles and could have lost it anywhere. I don't mind too much about the phone itself but I really, really, really need to keep the number. I tried ringing vodaphone but at this hour (10.50pm) there doesn't seem to be anyone answering. Obviously I'd like to suspend the number until I can buy a new phone on saturday. But the most important thing of all is, can I get a new phone and retain my number?????
    I'm on vodaphone ready to go. Any help would be deeply appreciated, i'm kinda freakin' out here. Who should I ring etc. I'm presuming I can't do too much at the moment and have to wait until tomorrow morning. I've even had to knock round to the neighbours to borrow an alarm clock (used the phone before) so I can wake up in time for work tomorrow morning!

cheers guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Yes you should be able to get a new sim with your old number - they may even xfer your credit over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Try ringing 1907, is that the number for bill pay Vodafone? You might manage to get through that way. Is anyone you know on bill pay? Use their number to get past the operator for 1907. Else just keep trying to ring the pre-pay number, but you'll be able to keep the number. Once you get through to them, they'll block the SIM and replace it with a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

thanks so much for the quick replies, unfortuantly if I did know anyone with a 087 bill number, it would have been in my phone so I can't use that. I've tried the normal number but they only have people on between 8am-10pm, which is fair enough. I've just sent an email to most people I know letting 'em know I've lost my phone and asking 'em to reply with their numbers so hopefully I can recover some of them and also if some douchbag picks up the phone and tries to play a practical joke (eg sending embarrasing texts to random numbers) they'll know it wasn't me. The weird thing is that I was actually thinking today of picking up a new phone. I even wrote a model number on my hand this afternoon. I just really need to be able to keep the number I had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ring 1850 20 87 87. that's vodafone customer care. tell them to block the sim so someone can't steal your credit. then go into a vodafone shop and say you want a replacement sim. they'll ask your phone number, name, address and date of birth and they'll give you a new sim with the same number and you'll have your credit

if you haven't registered the sim they'll ask for two recently dialled numbers (i think. o2 and meteor do that. i've never dealt with vodafone for a replacement sim).

if its registered in somone else's name they'll have to go in and do it officially but if the person is male you'll get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Thanks guys, I've contacted vodafone and everything is hunky dory. Didn't realised how easy it all is now, looking back on my original post I may have overreacted a tad. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Glad to hear you've got everything sorted Dublin579. But one thing I am curious about - Commander Vimes why do you say "if the person is male you'll get away with it"

just curious ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Puteq wrote:
    Glad to hear you've got everything sorted Dublin579. But one thing I am curious about - Commander Vimes why do you say "if the person is male you'll get away with it"

just curious ...

if the phone is registered to someone else (like it was originally your mother's or some such thing) then obviously you can't phone up pretending to be her. you'd need a female voice, but not necessarily the voice of your mother. know what i mean?

Advertisement