Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone 3G sim card

• 08-06-2006 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to buy only a 3g sim card from Vodafone? How much are they?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can get a new sim with the same number for free. if you don't have a vodafone number and want a new sim it should be a tenner but you get credit on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

you can get a new sim with the same number for free. if you don't have a vodafone number and want a new sim it should be a tenner but you get credit on it
    So what you say is that the €10 ordinary sims sold in their shops are GSM/3G sims?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

VF dont have any concept of a 3G SIM. All SIMs ("ordinary" ones and USIMs) will work on both the 2G and 3G network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

BigMoose wrote:
    VF dont have any concept of a 3G SIM. All SIMs ("ordinary" ones and USIMs) will work on both the 2G and 3G network.
    there is some difference afaik. a lot of people who get 3g phones from voda have to get replacement sims. that could have something to do with them being 16k sims though. i never looked into it to deeply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I can assure you it's nothing to do with the 2G and 3G network ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

The only SIMS I think you have to get replaced is if you had the old old Eircell ones and some older VF ones. I never had to get my SIM changed from my Sagem MYV-65 which I got 3 years ago before 3g came in , I still have the same SIM.

You can buy a SIM only pack for €10 and register online and get extra €5 call credit!!! A mate of mine came over to work here and I did it for him a few weeks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

BigMoose is correct - the SIM has nothing to do with 2/3G.

Whether or not you can connect to the 3G network is dependent on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Thanks everyone :)

Advertisement