Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Badly Needed For This PRO EVO Online Novice!

Options
  • 09-06-2006 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Thanks for reading this.
    Ok so im a huge Pro Evo fan and like to think im up there with the best when playing Pro Evo 5 on the PS2. Ive recently purchased a laptop and I have only recently discovered Eboards.
    What I would like to know is the following:

1. Is it possible for me to play Pro Evo online ?
    2. If it is what do I need (i.e. broadband? )what software etc.?
    3. What site do I go to meet online gamers?
    4. How does the online game compare with the quality of the PS2 ? ie. speed etc?

If someone can take the time to answer my questions I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1. Is it possible for me to play Pro Evo online ?Yes PS2 can pay once it connected to the internet there are 2 ways for this depending on your console, is it slimline or old school chunky one?

2. If it is what do I need (i.e. broadband? )what software etc.? You need Broad band and a router or a pc to connect tru, the router is best and easiest. To play on PC you need Pro Evo for PC

3. What site do I go to meet online gamers?There is an ingame lobby system which records your games and allows you to play vs other people all within the game. Or you can use websites like this or Evo web of pesfan both with over 25000 members, but the ingame lobby will get you people to play.

4. How does the online game compare with the quality of the PS2 ? ie. speed etc? As you can see you can play on PS2 or PC online, with a PS2 pad plugged into your PC there really is no gameplay difference once your PC can play the game. BUT you can patch the game to have all offical teams jerseys stadiums boot and even gloves :confused: Its a lot easier on PC to do this.

Online play with any game contains whats known as lag its the time it your PC to send data to the other guys, the closer ie play vs Ire UK and possibly mainland Europe people only, dont be playing no Australians :D

It is a different game as the lag altho not much it makes you not miss your tackles you dont get a 2nd chance.

You may not need to buy the PC game altho most here have it and play vs each other alot, imo it is the best and i have both. Just easier tbh right click and play rather then getting up and well getting up :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

Thank u very much for your quick and thorough reply. Unfortunately I have both the old chunky PS2 and to make matters worse only have dial up crappy ISDN internet connection with Eircom which i presume isnt at all useful for online Pro Evo right? I would love to play against others, I live on my own so apart from the real thing at weekends with my mates its hard to find competitors for Pro Evo.
    Can i also ask you what is a router exactly? Apologies for my ignorance.

OK just to clarify I need:
    a): A Pro Evo 5 disc for PC
    b:) A router (when i find out what that is! lol)
    C:) A controller of some kind which i can plug into my laptop,hopefully! OR do i hook up my PS2??
    d:)A broadband internet connection

Can i also ask you or anyone reading this if they can reccomend a broadband internet provider?
    I am contemplating signing up to Eircom broadband, it tells me it offers ''Speeds of up to 1MB downstream / 128k upstream.''
    Do you know if this would be sufficient to successfully play Pro Evo online?
    Again many thanks for any advice given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

oddone wrote:
    OK just to clarify I need:
    a): A Pro Evo 5 disc for PC
    Only if you choose to play the PC version of the game. You will need a relatively powerful laptop to do this. Make sure to check the minimum and recommend specs for the game.
    b:) A router (when i find out what that is! lol)
    This is only if you want to play the PS2 version online! If that is the case, you won't need the pro evo PC disc mentioned above. But you will need to buy a PS2 broadband adapter, which will allow you to connect your PS2 to the router and go online with it.
    C:) A controller of some kind which i can plug into my laptop,hopefully! OR do i hook up my PS2??
    If you want to play PES for PC, you don't necessarily NEED a controller, but it's very strongly recommended. The best thing to do is to buy a USB converter for your PS2 pad, which is an adapter that lets you plug your PS2 pad into your laptop. You'll feel right at home with it. On the other hand, if you want to play PES for PS2 online, you will indeed just hook up your PS2 to the router, and don't even need a PC.
    d:)A broadband internet connection
    Again, very strongly recommended, though ISDN is generally pretty good for games so you may want to try it with that first, and only upgrade to broadband if you feel it's uncomfortably sluggish. I wouldn't go splashing out for broadband JUST to play PES, especially without having tried it on ISDN first.
    Can i also ask you or anyone reading this if they can reccomend a broadband internet provider?
    I am contemplating signing up to Eircom broadband, it tells me it offers ''Speeds of up to 1MB downstream / 128k upstream.''
    Do you know if this would be sufficient to successfully play Pro Evo online?
    Again many thanks for any advice given.
    I would personally recommend anyone BUT eircom (perhaps BT?). This is mainly for political reasons. The broadband forums here on boards.ie might be able to give you more help. As for playing PES online, virtuall ANY broadband connection (except a satellite connection :)) will be suitable.

Hope that helps, and welcome to boards!

Balfa wrote:
    Only if you choose to play the PC version of the game. You will need a relatively powerful laptop to do this. Make sure to check the minimum and recommend specs for the game.This is only if you want to play the PS2 version online! If that is the case, you won't need the pro evo PC disc mentioned above. But you will need to buy a PS2 broadband adapter, which will allow you to connect your PS2 to the router and go online with it.If you want to play PES for PC, you don't necessarily NEED a controller, but it's very strongly recommended. The best thing to do is to buy a USB converter for your PS2 pad, which is an adapter that lets you plug your PS2 pad into your laptop. You'll feel right at home with it. On the other hand, if you want to play PES for PS2 online, you will indeed just hook up your PS2 to the router, and don't even need a PC.Again, very strongly recommended, though ISDN is generally pretty good for games so you may want to try it with that first, and only upgrade to broadband if you feel it's uncomfortably sluggish. I wouldn't go splashing out for broadband JUST to play PES, especially without having tried it on ISDN first.

I would personally recommend anyone BUT eircom (perhaps BT?). This is mainly for political reasons. The broadband forums here on boards.ie might be able to give you more help. As for playing PES online, virtuall ANY broadband connection (except a satellite connection :)) will be suitable.

Hope that helps, and welcome to boards!

That is brilliant advice, im sure any new readers here (who are as in the dark as me!) will benefitfrom it also.
    Im really looking forward to getting started, unfortunately I have already ordered eicom broadband for my laptop which is quite powerful so hopefully that will help, I think they send out a free router so thats sorted (I also know what a router is now!) , I think to be on the safe side I weill buy PES 5 for PC and then I will buy the USB converter because I dont think I could play the game without my trusty PS2 controller.
    Many thanks again for your advice.
    Maybe we can meet online sometime soon. I'l let you know how I get on , I'll probably be on with some troubleshooting problems soon!
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

If your pocket at all allows it, go for the Eircom package with as high an upload as you can get, it helps a lot with playing PES online. The upload is actually more important than your download speed.

Thats my only input as the others have covered everything else. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

regarding internet connection, depending on the quality of a players connection in pes they get colour bars beside their name. If you're on isdn i would think you'll find it very hard to get anyone to play you.

Appreciate the tips and advice, taking it all in.
    Cheers.

Advertisement