Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with projector (discolouration)

• 09-06-2006 4:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hey
    I have an old sony vpl 900 projector that I picked up quite cheap. The thing is that there is a blue stain down the far right hand side of the image. It occurs only when the image is dark, if it's projecting say, a bright sunny day or anything light it is quite unnoticable. From trawling around the web I seem to have diagnosed the problem as a flault in some part of the blue lcd.
    Now my knowledge of physics is pretty piss poor, but If I were to purchase say, some form of camera filter to place over the lens of the projector and were then to stain it with such a colour so as overload the rest of the image with blue and then, on the projector settings adjust the output to reduce the blue of the projected image so as to come up with a normal image, would it work, ? or would it be possible to simply filter out the excess blue light in a similar method, and if so, what colour should I use?
    Also is there anyone here who has a good technical knowledge of projectors who might be able to help or who might be able to point me in the direction of some form of electronic component breakers yard where I might be able to pick up the part on the cheap, or anywhere I might pick it up for that matter?

Cheers
    dp

Advertisement