Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are they here yet????

Options
  • 09-06-2006 7:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all, Im mad to go makeral fishing in this lovely weather. Has anyone been out to Howth yet? Also is there any other good marks in the Dublin area for mackies???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i was out in howth harbour last week caught nothing for about an hour we moved up to balscadden and caught nothing either but when we went to our special little spot they where flying in off of the rod (caught 3 small mackies in one go off the feathers )

i've been fishing in howth for about 5 years but IMO year on year it's getting harder to catch em out that neck of the woods

as for another spot in dublin, in dun laoghaire you can fish around the back of the HSS where it docks and when it comes in the fish go wild for about an hour there , it's practically like casting into a fish farm :-) , you'll get mackies , some doggies and have caught a couple of nice all at the same spot but it's mostly mackies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

in dun laoghaire you can fish around the back of the HSS

Are ye talking about the pier, think its B. Was down on Pier A (the pier furthest from the HSS) last week, didnt catch any mackies, just a few flat fish.

Have ye heard any reports on bullock harbour yet. Due an auld trip up there soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i'm actually talking about literally right beside where the HSS docks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Skerries harbour & north beach were teeming with mackerel on Saturday (just before high tide). Some were taking in as many mackerel as there were feathers on the line. Tried again Sunday - not a sausage.

Advertisement