Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass!!

Options
  • 09-06-2006 7:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I know bass cant be fished untill the 15th but i just want to have my tackle box and map ready for then. Taking a snip from Livid's post a bass is a fish i would do anything to catch and is top of my list of 3, along with salmon 2nd and a tope 3rd. Now my question, what is the best way to catch a bass? should i use fresh bait or a lure of some kind. What would anyone recommend? what type of lure or fesh bait. also im located in Dublin so were must i travel too so i can fulfill this dream of mine. some were close by would be good but if i need to travel, im already there...Thanks so much guys....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Murt10

I caught one years ago at night in Baltray, where the Boyne enters the sea, on fresh peeler crab.

Murt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

There are a lot of schoolies around Wexford harbour. Try spinning off the quay (in fromt oif the Talbot cating towards the Ballast Bank) . If you have a second rod, try peeler and or rag..
    jd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Used to catch a lot of em in clontarf,off the bull wall beside the statue.A three hook trace covering about three feet should be enough.Rag is teh best bait.You might want to put corks on the leaders to keep the crabs from milling your worms.

Advertisement