Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown

Options
  • 09-06-2006 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi There, I was wondering if anyone can help me with the following question

What is Castlecurragh Heath, Blanchardstown like?
    Blanch to Dundrum exit? how long would it take in traffic?
    or Blanch to City centre in traffic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

@ jamescrombie ... are you going to be buying or renting in Castlecurragh?

I live in Castlecurragh (in the vale) and its not a bad area.. though some parts are affected by bad anti social behaviour from some of the residents of nearby Dromheath.. also at the moment we are having major problems with our management company... the grass hasnt been cut in months and is beginning to resemble a jungle.

I work in the city centre but i dont drive in, i take the 38a bus (that goes through the estate) into town.. however the service isnt great.. the bus is meant to be every 20 minutes in the morning but sometimes you can be waiting for up to an hour.. also depending on what time you leave at you can be caught in really bad traffic jams in the esate as there is a school in Dromheath and almost every kid is dropped off by car.

It takes me about an hour to get into town and the same home.. i would leave the house at 8.30 ... my friend leaves at 7.15 and gets into work for around 8.15 so an hour seems to be the average travelling time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭jamescrombie

gazzer....am looking to buy ? do you own there? thanks for your reply I was looking at the heath I think it fronts the Tolka valley.... any idea of that side.... really loved the place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

yeah i own a house there.. i bought it 3 years ago.. im up at the Vale part (near where the Spar is). When i moved in there was only around 100 houses.. now there are 720 (Houses and apartments)

The Heath seems to be fine.. i have a few friends who live there and they have had no trouble..apart from the managment company thing i mentioned earlier. it seems to be fairly quiet there and as you say .. you have the park right facing you.

It is a very central estate for Blanch SC and Tyrellstown shops (though im sure you know that anyway).. I dont know much about the local pub The Shanty.. i was only in it a couple of times for matches etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭positron

I used to live in CastleCurragh Heath till this time last year (my partner owns there). From Heath, its very handy that you can walk thru the park to get to the shopping centre, however they seems to lock the park gates at night.

If you are driving, peak hour traffic to city centre can be furstrating, I used to drive to city centre and back, and I wouldn't recommend it. It would be faster (and probably healthier) if you can bike into the city, via Phoenix park etc.

I was in Heath earlier today, noticed they are yet to sort out the management situation. Over all, nice place to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

I used to live in the Heath for about 2 years until one year ago. I lived there in two different houses, first house they broke into the car and the second house they broke into the house during the night while we were upstairs sleeping. I have a couple of friends living in the Heath and heard already a few times that someone broke into the car. Traffic in my opinion can be a bit frustrating. I used to take the bus and it took me about 1 hours 15 minutes to get into town in the mornings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement