Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Doors

Options
  • 09-06-2006 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi,
    I hope this is the appropriate thread. Woke up this morning to find that my car stereo was nicked and the W*****S destroyed my drivers door in the process. So I need to get a new door. Its a 00 Mits Colt. Can anyone please advise where I could get a replacement door (scrap yards?) and idea of the price I would be looking at.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The gf got a door for her Polo for 150 recently, Colt might be a bit more expensive since it's not as common. You'll need to budget for paint if you can't find one that matches the colour of your car though; can't give you an estimate on that as she got a few other bits and pieces done, but one panel usually won't break the bank.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Where are you located

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Same thing happened to my Seat Ibiza MKII '99, The passanger door was bent open from the top so they could reach down and unlock the door. I was able to bend the top in to make a seal on the door frame. However You get a stong wind noise above 40MPH and I am pretty sure its not a good enough seal to take the car to a car wash. If anyone knows a brakers, that be great.
    (The door cloeses and locks ok, so no problems with driving it, glass is intact as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Same thing happened to me 3-4 months ago, its a right pisser. I managed to bend the door back in and make a good seal, damage isn't noticable unless you look for it. Try bending it, take it slow and steady with constant force or you'll crack the paint. If you open the door, sit on the seat wit your foot up againts the base of the pillar and pull the top of the pillar you should get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

I think I may be able to bend the door back and get a decent seal, I'll give that ago. BTW located in Celbridge.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Hehe snap, I live in Celbridge too. So far I have had my car keyed, alloys stolen and stereo stolen. ****ing kip.

Edit: What area/esatate do you live in? (if you don't mind me asking)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Ye should both try Traynors in the North - one of the biggest breakers in Ireland and Britain apparently, and they deliver to Dublin (and Galway) regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

also try Whelans in the Heath in Co. Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Happened to me in my accent, stole a cheap goodmans stereo that they might have gotten 20 quid for, and yet still the door cost me 100.
    Was lucky to get it in the right colour, but the hassle that was involved... Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Get out the golden (and yellow pages for northern ireland or look up on the net) and get phoning. I had a Mondeo and managed to get a front bumper for €60 (right colour too) a couple of years ago at the last breakers I
    phoned. Been to Traynors too - amazing operation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement