Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordinary irish paper 2-the aftermath

Options
  • 09-06-2006 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

just left now..what did people thing....
    the 2 poems that my teacher "predicted" came up......lol a little more than a coincidence...
    i thought it was piss......NO MORE IRISH EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRR AGAIN...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) :D;):D:D;)

Comments

It was fun yes..

Funnily enough we had done those 2 Questions on Cearrbhach Mac Caba in class 2 weeks ago....

Also i love that poem that the was "unseen"

I even have it on my Mp3 player! Sting and the Chieftans!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

most of my year left after 40 mins. I hope the irish dept. realise that the language and exam it produces is an absolute joke. If they made the hardest paper worth more than 18.6% then it wud be worth studying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

Those Cearrbhach questions are in our sample papers, had them done! Score! Loved part b too, did Fiche Blian Ag Fas as i got great marks for that in my pre! Loved Jack, didnt really like Bimse Buan but feck it, woooo no more irish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

rofl I left after half an hour

No idea, didn't study for it. Only went for the sake of writing down my exam number. Mind you I was actualy able to do the Foaiseamh a Gheobhadsa(SP?:p ) questions... Was surprised by that, couldn't believe I remembered it. Other than that, FAIL.

I kind of went as a sort of "witness the end of an era" sort of thing. This was the last time I have to do Irish against my own will. FU mandatory crap. :D

I'm so happy I can't believe it! I feel like im on drugs! Half way mark, FOR THE FUGGIN WIN!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

mang87 wrote:
    rofl I left after half an hour

So did I, and half the fu(kin exam hall :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

The last poetry question killed me for marks. That was the one poem that I was hoping wouldn't come up. I left at exactly half past ten so I was an hour in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

ThrownAway wrote:
    The last poetry question killed me for marks. That was the one poem that I was hoping wouldn't come up. I left at exactly half past ten so I was an hour in there.
    Identical to me(Even time you left!).I thought "nah they wont' put that poem up on the first year"

Everything else was fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Left after an hour. It was a bit of a laugh really, Hadn't looked at that last poem that came up so that came as a bit of a shock. rest was piss easy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

Can't believe that joke of a subject is over forever!! Made a mess of paper 2 tho...Had never looked at the exam papers before, didn't have a clue about the structure of the paper so I ended up doing one question from Roinn A and another from Roinn B, which people later informed me was eh, not right, to say the least. Ah well...que sera sera! IT'S OVVVVEEEERRRR!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I actually kinda like irish, I can hold up a decent conversation, I actually find it pretty fun.. I'm doing ordinary level, and really started liking (and talking) irish after the oral.. I'm kinda let down by the fact that because they used some pretty elaborate words in the questions etc, I couldn't do well in the actual written exams..

I'd love to be able to sit my oral again, I think I'd do much better now, since I'm making an effort, but I can't..

I only wrote a line and a half in paper 2, due to the fact that I couldn't make head nor tail of the questions..

It's kinda annoying, I like the language, and being able to speak it, but because of the way the exam is done, it'd kinda discourage people from liking the language..

Shame really..

• Advertisement
Advertisement