Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A short survey on Grants

Options
  • 09-06-2006 10:41am

Hello,

Some months ago, I bought a website a few months ago with a view of increasing the knowledge and information given out to students about the grant scheme. One part which I plan to have on it is a 'frequently asked questions' of the scheme, and so I need help as to which questions should be up there!

I've put together what I think is a very short survey, but it might take some time since it refers to the application form (which itself is very detailed). You can answer them here if you really wish, or else by PM'ing me, or if you don't want to be identified you can use the form I placed here:

http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~donalmcc/grants/

1. How many years have you been receiving the grant?

2. In your first year receiving it, how easily was the documentation collected and prepared?

3. Was there anything about the application form you did not understand?

4. How long did it take for you to collate the documentation?

5. Was there anything else you did not understand?

6. Anything else you'd like to add?

Or, if you'd like, you could e-mail the answers to me - my e-mail address is education@tcdsu.org.

Cheers,

Dónal (Education Officer, TCDSU)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

- 0 :cool:

2. In your first year receiving it, how easily was the documentation collected and prepared?
    - It wasn't :cool:

- Nah :cool:

- I didn't :cool:

- Why I can't have a grant :(

- Can I have a grant? :o

Sorry bud, just needed to get that out there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

None
    I wouldn't know
    I wouldn't think so
    That wouldn't be hard to do
    I wouldn't think so
    I'm a class rep for UCD 1st Arts and I heard that the TCDSU website had crashed and you're uploading information to it when will that be finished?, and will there be a newswire when its finished?.Also I heard that you're getting a new student centre in 2009 that must be a relief because those SU offices are obviously not suitable for the SU needs.Do you have many problems providing services and etc?.

Chakar wrote:
    I'm a class rep for UCD 1st Arts and I heard that the TCDSU website had crashed and you're uploading information to it when will that be finished?, and will there be a newswire when its finished?.Also I heard that you're getting a new student centre in 2009 that must be a relief because those SU offices are obviously not suitable for the SU needs.Do you have many problems providing services and etc?.

Interesting tangent! We hadn't applied the relevant security software over the past two years (for one reason or another), and so the website was taken down. There's a mandate there for a proper newswire but the SU's website is nothing really to do with me.

We don't have a student centre here yet, and we'll be taking over what is currently the sports hall. However, I like the SU offices! But the obvious downfall is that no-one in a wheelchair can get up to my office.

And 'services' is far too broad a term to describe what goes on! There aren't too many problems, as with anything you adjust to what you have.

If you have any more questions, it might be better suited either on the TCD forum or through a PM!

[edit] I thought it was fairly obvious, but I'm only looking for people who do receive grants!

D.

Myth wrote:
    Interesting tangent! We hadn't applied the relevant security software over the past two years (for one reason or another), and so the website was taken down. There's a mandate there for a proper newswire but the SU's website is nothing really to do with me.

We don't have a student centre here yet, and we'll be taking over what is currently the sports hall. However, I like the SU offices! But the obvious downfall is that no-one in a wheelchair can get up to my office.

And 'services' is far too broad a term to describe what goes on! There aren't too many problems, as with anything you adjust to what you have.

If you have any more questions, it might be better suited either on the TCD forum or through a PM!

[edit] I thought it was fairly obvious, but I'm only looking for people who do receive grants!

D.

Who's responsible for the website anyhow then? Its a bit disappointing that I can't find out what's going on with TCDSU because its the second biggest university in Ireland and I would say there would be loads of things happening I suppose yourself you've seen it on the newswire, in the minutes of our Councils.
    Anyway I hope that the website will go up soon because I think students really need a website so that should be a priority for the executive of TCDSU.

About the grants I mean if nobody is complaining about grants on the boards then I think users of boards in TCD and UCD can't complain.Try getting a moderator to put up a poll 'Is the grants system good' and then Yes or No.Worth a try!!

Well, some of the information from the SU Councils are available here:

http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~donalmcc/council/

With some of the SU Exec minutes available here:

http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~donalmcc/exec/

Issue to do with grants is how it can take time for students to put together the documentation in order to apply for a grant, and that there's a deadline to adhere to, so I'm trying to ensure a bit more publicity as well as trying to have a lot of the information in one location.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the information Donal and I made a mistake there people on TCD boards complained about the grants my mistake.So who's the new Officers in TCDSU anyway?

In USI Conference, Paul Lynam went on and on about how great Trinity was.I didnt go anyway but heard it was a laugh.

The minutes don't have the comments made by the individual members of the SU Council thats very disappointing.

Chakar wrote:
    The minutes don't have the comments made by the individual members of the SU Council thats very disappointing.

Heh, I'm secretary of Council though in reality am a mix between what the Chair is supposed to do and what the Secretary does. I don't actually take the minutes, I just amend them.

Oh sorry no offence meant..just a statement of fact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement