Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aramberri Shotguns

Options
  • 09-06-2006 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Does anyone have information on Victo Aramberri shotguns, they're Spanish made, Eibar I believe is the name of the village. I have a s/s sidelock made by by the above, not in the best of condition but a nice gun nonetheless and I'm wondering what sort of price it would get. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Google the details would be your best bet,you'll probably get some american or other who knows all about 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Hijos de V. Aramberri is registered as Victor Aramberri and Sons. Victor Aramberri & Sons went out of business quite some time ago.
    I am not familiar enough with this maker and would just add - judge the gun not the name - Like most Basque makers they made a range of guns from entry level basic to very good.
    Take the gun apart and the information you will need regarding proof marks, chamber length, chokes and serial number will be on the water-table and the barrel flats.
    Spanish manufacturer's proof-mark site :http://web.jet.es/rafa/b_punzones_larga_lisa.html
    Spanish Year of Proof Codes: http://www.9mmlargo.com/year_codes.htm
    Post a picture if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 PAIMEI

Thanks Lads, I put the details into google but the company I work for dont allow access to gun websites, beretta, browning, shotgun world are all blocked so I was limited in what I could find, I'll take a few snaps and have a look at those proof websites too. Cheers again lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

My Dad bought a aramberri o/u double trigger game in 1978 and it currently sits proudly along side my AL391 and rifles. i learnt alot with it in hand, and apart from needing the mainsprings replaced 4 years ago it has never let me down. at that time it was only valued at about 100 quid but i would'nt sell it anyway. but i digress, i've looked on the net and never found any info of any kind. but i do have a gunmakers digest somewhere in my house which has Aramberri referenced. if i can locate it i'll let you know.

Advertisement