Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband down in Longford area

• 09-06-2006 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

any one else on here form Longford area having trouble with Eircom BB. Rang them wednesday to check it out went through all the usual helpdesk tests all failed so they escalated it to the next stage, engineer out to look etc. and possible home visit to check my house setup. Rang back today and have been told that there is a load more complaints/people down in the Longford area also. Today is the third day since i informed them. Is there some ruling that if it isnt fixed in a certain timeframe they are penalised or i get something heard dad sayin it but not sure what he was on about.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭SeanW

I'm about 6 miles outside Longford town and I had trouble too, about 2-3 days ago. I think there was some kind of problem, a friend of mine said something about Eircom having some kind of problem in Galway, not sure.

It should be back for you now, if it's not there's something else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Its been down in Carlow for some for the past 2 weeks giving up ringing them at this stage. Last week they said parts of Carlow and Limerick were down??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054943334

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

My BT Broadband connection in work (Longford Town Center) was misbehaving on Wednesday/Thursday too. About 50% packet loss which rendered the connection barely usable.

I went through the BT helpdesk (who were a bunch of muppets) and reported the fault, everything was working again by Friday morning though.

Regards

XDA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭SeanW

Arrgh. Problems seem to be back. Pre-historic speeds, 25-75% packet loss ... anyone else in Longford having trouble again?

I'm using Dial Up ATM because it's faster and more dependable than my so-called "broadband" connection.

Whole town seems to be out, I've spoken to several others using Eircom, BT, Imagine and all are experiencing the same thing.

If you ring BT/Eircom, the muppets in support basically try to convince you that you have a virus etc etc, seems to be nearly impossible to get them to take it seriously.

Anybody have a contact in Eircom who actually knows what they are doing ??

Regards

XDA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭davehey79

im still having problems too, speeds varying between 2.8KBps to 40 odd KBps was onto them for the umpteenth time again yesterday and they say they are trying to fix it. seriously thinking bout switching to a local provider crossan cable
    http://www.crossan.ie/cable/packages.htm

Seems to be back on for me as of about 30 mins ago, fingers crossed that they've fixed it this time ....

XDA

Advertisement