Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free web hosting

Options
  • 09-06-2006 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a free web host for a charitable organisation. I have helped teach a web class and want to arrange for the students to upload the sites that they've created during the course.

I need to have FTP access since I don't want to have to upload files via a web form. The sites are already created so I just want to drag and drop via FTP.

Needs to be 100% free.

Banners are not an issue.

Any recommendations.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Go to www.freeb.ie and there is a lad there that will help you out mate!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

it shouldn't be too hard for you to get free professional hosting from the big Irish hosting companies for a charity. But of course i wouldn't want to drop a name!

Do you requre a free domain name too? You can get .org's for E10 approx

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Try here for free webhosting for registered charities, plus .ie names for charities are free from IEDR

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We offer free hosting to all registered charities and have done so for some time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Likewise, we host over 500 of them :) Including some of the big names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Thanks for all the replies. Michele from Blacknight is very kindly providing a free .ie domain and hosting for this project. Kudos to the other providers that also give free hosting to charities. Every little bit helps with non profits. It really makes a difference.

Advertisement