Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several WAMP problems

Options
  • 09-06-2006 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I've been using WAMPserver to run php scripts locally on my machine for the last couple of months with no problem. It was good because i didn't have to get into the nitty gritty of setting paths and all that. Now, i need to use PEAR. Several problems have arisen from this. I completed the PEAR installation successfully by using the go-pear.php file, but now i need to install an additional package(HTTP Request), and have no idea how to do it. The website says to do it from the shell window, but i don't know how to access that. How do you do this, or if theres an easier way to install packages that doesn't involve unix?

Secondly, i discovered that i needed additional packages after i first tried to run my script. I got an error saying
    Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'HTTP/Request.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear')

which i thought strange because my php directory isn't located there, its in c:\wamp\php, and WAMP generally fixes all of that when it installs. I can't find where to change the include_path either, as both php.ini files(in the apache and php directories) don't have that line pointing to either directory. Yet when i run phpinfo(), the include_path is definitely the one mentioned above.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

doc_1982 wrote:
    The website says to do it from the shell window, but i don't know how to access that.
    On Windows "shell window" == "Command Prompt"
    Start/Run/cmd or Start/All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt

Looking at the Command line installer page it looks like you'd just enter:
    pear install HTTP_Request

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doc_1982

daymobrew wrote:
    On Windows "shell window" == "Command Prompt"
    Start/Run/cmd or Start/All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt
    Looking at the Command line installer page it looks like you'd just enter:
    pear install HTTP_Request

Are you sure? I'm thinking of something more specific. Like for the SQL section, it has its own unix shell window. Plus, when i try the commands from the dos command, it doesn't recognise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

doc_1982 wrote:
    Are you sure? I'm thinking of something more specific. Like for the SQL section, it has its own unix shell window. Plus, when i try the commands from the dos command, it doesn't recognise them.
    I'm not sure as I've never installed anything with 'pear'.
    You said that the WAMP installation is in c:\wamp\php. Maybe the 'pear.bat' file is in there somewhere. Maybe search your drive for pear* and then specify that directory when invoking pear.

Advertisement