Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visual basic radio buttons

Options
  • 09-06-2006 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i'm trying to use radio buttons in visual basic and they're a bit odd. i need a few separate groups of them, sort of like a multiple choice quiz.

the problem is that it'll only let one radio button be selected at a time, i.e. i click the answer for question 2 and question 1's answer is unselected.

i've tried making them spearate arrays but that didn't seem to do anything. any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You need to put them inside group boxes, from what I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I think you might have to put them into a group box (the group box has to be placed first). Could be wrong now, I haven't used VB in years, but I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ye a few places on the net mentioned groupboxes but i don't seem to have an option for a groupbox. do i have to add it as a component or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Yeah it's on the toolbox there, it might be called a frame or frame box on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

now this is just weird. i found a place that said the old version of a groupbox is a frame so i added a frame and tried it out and it worked. but i tried that 20 feckin minutes ago and it didn't!!!!!!11111!!!!1111!!!!111111one

thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

There's a GroupName property that you need to set for the radio button controls you wanna group. The groupname property has to be the same for each radio button in the grouping. This link explains...
    http://www.startvbdotnet.com/aspsite/controls/radio.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

now this is just weird. i found a place that said the old version of a groupbox is a frame so i added a frame and tried it out and it worked. but i tried that 20 feckin minutes ago and it didn't!!!!!!11111!!!!1111!!!!111111one

thanks for the help

Is there a parent property of some sort on radio buttons? So if the frame is the parent as apposed to the form then you can seperate out groups of radio buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

but i tried that 20 feckin minutes ago and it didn't

At a guess, you ended up moving the radio button over the frame, rather than pasting it into the frame.

Advertisement